Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bunch of sheet rock screws so I decided to stud up my wife's F3 and take it out on the lake since there isn't much snow.

I highly suggest it.:evilaugh:

Didn't intend to look like a cocky idiot in this pic... but I was freezing (yes I wore gear and helmet when riding)

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I had a bunch of sheet rock screws so I decided to stud up my wife's F3 and take it out on the lake since there isn't much snow.

I highly suggest it.:evilaugh:

Didn't intend to look like a cocky idiot in this pic... but I was freezing (yes I wore gear and helmet when riding)

No video?
That would be awesome fun :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry:( I don't have a Go-pro or anything... It wasn't really eventful, but it does handle like it's on rails!

Just imagine a bike riding around as if it was on a HUGE open paved lot.... I had lots of fun draggin knee at like 60mph doing large sweeper turns around an island:evilaugh:... then I low sided it and it slid for like what seemed 30 yards lol....

I was going so fast when I fell it bent the right crash bar (you can see it in the pics).

Nice thing about falling on the lake is it doesn't hurt at all:rotfl:

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Awesome! Lots of ice racing around here too.

You used drywall screws?? I looked at the proper ones for ice racing but too much moola for my blood at the moment.

Seems like you got lots of winter there too, geez, we didn't even get the smaller lakes frozen enough up here to go snowshoeing.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Lots of ice racing around here too.

You used drywall screws?? I looked at the proper ones for ice racing but too much moola for my blood at the moment.

Seems like you got lots of winter there too, geez, we didn't even get the smaller lakes frozen enough up here to go snowshoeing.
lol, no i meant sheet metal screws. These type:

About 150 for the front and 250 for the back... just use a cordless drill with the drill chuck that holds those little driver bits happens to be the same size as the head of the sheet metal screws:)

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
oops sorry, I thought you said sheet-rock not sheet metal. Yes I know metal screws, used lots of Kelly screws for the studs in my basement and I used a lovely little nut driver today to get out some screws like you're talking about, they were for the duct work. My tools have pink butterfly stickers so the boys don't use them. Nice eh?

How come you write so big?

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
To each their own. you'd be surprised how many dumb asses don't know what a sheet metal screw is or the easiest way to put them in a tire... sorry for the extra info.
No harm done, there's a few million things I don't know. :rotfl::rotfl:I thought you were being one of those guys that kind of, er, talks differently to women wrt to tools and such. I take my smart-ass-ed-ness back, sorry.

My choice of a nut driver (impact driver) is because I find many drills too heavy. Not being sarcastic - I love the new lithium batteries. My nut driver is light as a feather. That many screws would kill my arm with my old drill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts