Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dan Wheldon died today after the 15 car pile up in the Las Vegas indy. Hard to see Franchitti crying in his car before the five lap tribute. Ripped my heart out. Puts things in perspective.

Thoughts going out to fans and family. Rest in peace Dan.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek: That was a tragic accident. He was a good guy too, I wish the best to his family.
Yeah, only the second time I sat down to watch one of these races and all the pre-show commentary was kind of prophetic. The drivers including in an onboard interview with Dan were telling. The drivers didn't like this set-up and the number of cars being allowed on that full-throttle kind of track.
How many of those drivers are screaming, "I told you so!"
It's a brutal shame, he was a really good guy. I'm not a huge indy fan but I certainly knew of him. World lost one of the good ones.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
The racing community lost a great man and a great competitor yesterday in Dan Wheldon. Dan won the Indy 500 in 2005 and 2011 and will be sadly missed. Best wishes to his wife and sons, Godspeed Dan.
hweldon_20111016204240909_660_320.jpg

101511-Racing-Dan-Wheldon-career-moments-gallery-3_20111016185926195_600_400.jpg
(I somehow missed your thread GS and started one of my own in Dan's memory, I'm posting this here and going to try and delete mine.)

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only 33!:(

Thanks Fj1200rj, better two threads than none.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts