Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Apple is the kind of company I hate. All form over function... and at a hell of a price. Jobs was a clever guy who latched onto the 'me must have' generation. Cant take away his marketing prowess and the fact that he has kept some semblance of electronics production in the West, if only the design element. Sorry to see anyone go before their time, but he was Guchi rather than Isambard (Kingdom Brunel).

·
Banned
681 Posts
Apple is the kind of company I hate. All form over function... and at a hell of a price. Jobs was a clever guy who latched onto the 'me must have' generation. Cant take away his marketing prowess and the fact that he has kept some semblance of electronics production in the West, if only the design element. Sorry to see anyone go before their time, but he was Guchi rather than Isambard (Kingdom Brunel).
Colorful speech but isn't it kind of speaking ill of the dead?

·
Banned
681 Posts
My reference was the comment "me must have". Is that truly the case, or opinion? What's this got to do with religion? How about respect?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I don't see JD's post as speaking ill of the dead - he said he was a clever guy.

I agree with the sentiment, the greed of the majority living beyond their means is what got us all in to this global economic mess IMO. Apple jumped on the bandwagon, and did very well out of it - on some people's credit cards. Not Steve Jobs' fault or Apples though.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Who doesn't own a ipod/iphone/itouch/ipad these days, or at least know what one is? ..............Hang on, I got to pour a new bowl of Cheerios.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I see. So ignorance of what their true objective was and how it helped the US compete in technology all through the 80s, is now subject to ridicule by the 2010 economic situation because our government encouraged outsourcing for decades?
Apple was a very powerful tool that I used in product engineering in the 80s for data characterization on analog products. It saved me weeks of compiling data. These were primarily used in the shuttle program 25 miles north of where I still live. It was the most powerful and affordable computer you could buy when IBM was still $2500 and had all kinds of limitations.
Who doesn't own a ipod/iphone/itouch/ipad these days, or at least know what one is?
Who pissed in your cheerios? Man, you just want to find a fight.
It's ok to voice your opinion when you're sincere about it. No matter if the subject is dead or alive. Or just pissed off.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
It's just how it is. Get your facts straight before you complain about a cornerstone in the computer world for today's crappy economy. I can tolerate all kinds of things, but ignorant comments should be challenged.

Since you have nothing to say on the subject, go play with your stupid dog. :evilaugh::evilaugh::evilaugh::rotfl:
WOW! It's like someone's Mac got a sideways screw in it! :stirpot:
Cover your dog's eyes Jondog, we don't want it's feelings hurt

·
Banned
681 Posts
Hey, two guys from CA, with a dog? Now that's a kinky picture! :eyebrows: Hope his tail doesn't get in the way.

·
Banned
681 Posts
Ah yes, a post 2 weeks ago. It's such a warm feeling to have a shadow. Thankfully, the ex has truly disappeared from the face of the earth. Probably in CA where she fits in best.

·
Registered
20,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ruffled some feathers I see.

I posted this because the guy brought technology forward not just for Apple but for their competition also. All round good thing. The guy's thinking left everyone behind.

RIP.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Once again, I must repeat that I am truly sorry that one of my 70's people has died so young. (By 70's I mean that whole generation starting in the mid 60's and ending somwhere around the start of the 80's, who inovated, experimented and took life by the balls, pushing, not sitting around idly waiting for someone to provide).
But.... The Mac ethos was to provide a closed environment. Only Mac specific programs would work and they were costed at an eye watering rate. There was very little room for inovation if you locked yourself into the Macintosh environment. Jobs did, indeed, make the PC 'pretty' but, by God you paid the price. He developed existing technologies, bringing some real flare to usability and appearance but, he reaped the benifits of the pioneering work done by Zerox. And, if we are lauding Mr. Jobs, spare a thought for our own Alan Sugar... Amstrad had the PC in a box thing well sown up before Apple threw a fortune at advertising their creation. I often wonder if Mr. Sugar gives himself a mental kicking for abandoning the Amstrad, maybe he should have adopted a pony tail and a West coast accent.

·
Premium Member
9,082 Posts
Ok, that's fair. One to 18 million. Can someone make it 2 to 18 million here? :evilaugh:
I have both an IPad an a IPod......

But then, I love gadgets.... and If Mr. Jobs had produced the I backsack&crack or the I lebotomy... I' have to have one :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts