• Say "Sorry I cant go"

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends is moving to Florida this Sat. Another one of my friends is helping her move by driving her down there then driving back by himself since another guy said he'd go but bailed. So I told her if I can get the time off work I may be able to help with the driving, that would help my friend in a big way on the drive back. Theres 2 problems with taking the road trip.

1.) Theres a poker tournament this weekend at my friends house that is a sick format that I've been dying to play in so I've been looking forward to the game like crazy. (3 tournaments 1 night pay outs based on points scale)

I cant stress how much I want to play in this game.

2.) All 3 of us are on our local APA (pool league) team so if we dont make it back by 7:30-9pm Tues night we are forced to forfeit a match and lose a point. Points are important each week as we are in 1st place and qualified to go to State Championships where if we win its off to Vegas FOR FREE to play in Nationals.

What'd you guys think, miss work (unpaid) miss the tournament I'm dying to play in and possibly miss Tuesdays match to leave the team hanging with only 4 players (5 matches per week)

I'm thinking its not a selfish act to not go. I'd like to help out but thats giving alot on my part in my opinion

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
I think you've already made up your mind.

Is there another way you can help your friend without having to go? Loan your truck or something?

edit: is the friend hot? That is a major factor. :D

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
There is nothing in Florida worth going there. Why and where is she moving? This place is very underated. Trust me!!!! Roads sucks, politics sucks, public education system sucks, job market sucks, pay sucks, oh, and the weather sucks 10 months out of the year. There are way too many people in this state and no infrastructure to support it.

Ah..........., sorry for the tangent. Tell your friend to change her mind. You go play poker.

Oh, and I'm phobe, is she hot?:eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shes moving down there as she hooked up with some guy down there so shes moving in with him. I wouldnt be down there long enough to check anything out its more so going to help my friend with the drive (she wont be able to drive with a trailer so he'll get stuck driving 24hrs down 24hrs back, alone on the way back no less) both ways.

I wish they'd leave Sunday morning then it'd be a no brainer, sux about APA night tho, but the tournament I think is really going to show whos best and the ppl going so far are pretty much the best of the best (that I know).

·
Registered
803 Posts
My mom would always chime in right about now with "You didn't take them to raise." How come the guy she is hooking up with isn't somewhere in this driving scenario? I say explain it to your buddy just like you posted on here. He should be rethinking this himself..

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
Fig said:
How come the guy she is hooking up with isn't somewhere in this driving scenario? I say explain it to your buddy just like you posted on here. He should be rethinking this himself..
Yep. Sounds like someone is getting played, and sounds like she knows how to play it...no brainer. Do your stuff.

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
colryn said:
There is nothing in Florida worth going there. Why and where is she moving? This place is very underated. Trust me!!!! Roads sucks, politics sucks, public education system sucks, job market sucks, pay sucks, oh, and the weather sucks 10 months out of the year. There are way too many people in this state and no infrastructure to support it.....

......Everything is too damn expensive, traffic is horrifying, mosquitos will carry you away...........

:thumbd:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I've made that very same drive and it's not worth missing your favorite TV program for. Nevermind something that is that important to you. Besides, the weather really sucks down here.:cycle: :whistle:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mo Noyz said:
Not if you're the type who loves sweating your balls off 24 hours a day 10 months out of the year.
Listen Mo, He knows exactly what he is talking about. His description is right on target.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or maybe you guys think Florida is the greatest place on earth and are trying to use reverse psychology to convince others they dont want to move there so it doesnt become even more crowded as L2L, Mojave and the others try all the time regarding Cali

:hmm: I think I'm on to something

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like to help ppl out whenever they need it so I'm just trying to be a nice guy and volunteer my services, I dont have a problem missing work its just the tournament I dont want to miss. APA is kinda a big deal too.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
MrX954 said:
Or maybe you guys think Florida is the greatest place on earth and are trying to use reverse psychology to convince others they dont want to move there so it doesnt become even more crowded as L2L, Mojave and the others try all the time regarding Cali

:nono:
I wish that was the case. This place is a hell hole. You see, people make the mistake of visiting this place around January. Yes, the weather is to die for but it is short lived. The rest of the time it is literally like - HELL -!!!! So damned hot, the humidity takes your breath away when you walk outside.

Oh, and we are in a water crisis. There is not enough fresh water to meet the demands of the population. Yeah, it's a great place.........

·
Banned
3,466 Posts
MrX954 said:

I lived in that shithole for 32 years, Brother X.

Look at where I am now.

It's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to stay very long. We're going back down in December to take the little guy to Disney. I'm looking foward to it because he'll really enjoy himself, and the wife and I are going to drop him off at his grandparents down on the southwest coast and spend a few days in Key West.

It will all be fun, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if I never saw that hole ever again.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mo Noyz said:
I lived in that shithole for 32 years, Brother X.

Look at where I am now.

It's a nice place to visit, but you wouldn't want to stay very long. We're going back down in December to take the little guy to Disney. I'm looking foward to it because he'll really enjoy himself, and the wife and I are going to drop him off at his grandparents down on the southwest coast and spend a few days in Key West.

It will all be fun, but it wouldn't bother me one bit if I never saw that hole ever again.
Relax, take a deep breath, stand back from your computer.... :poke: :)

Okay now, I'm not the one moving there, I personally have no interest to ever visit FL, nevermind live there. When I move again it'll be west, far west.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts