Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again... opportunity knocks somewhere else. Have a potential job opportunity in Roanoke, VA (job security confidence level is very low where I'm currently at).

Anyone know how the cost of living compares to other places, details about the area, etc.?

This looks pretty serious and any information is GREATLY appreciated!

TIA

·
Registered
435 Posts
BizJetGuy : Unfortunately, it will be a pay cut but at least I won't have to worry that every day I walk through the door might be my last.
I'd take a pay cut as well just to eliminate that stress.  I know how you feel.

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
I know that the Blue Ridge Parkway runs through Roanoke.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ccwilli3 : Yeah, what else do you need to know?  

Oh yeah, you are presently bikeless.  
I can always drive it in the car and make motorcycle sounds

(not that I've done that )

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I've traveled through there quite a few times, some of the most beautiful country out there. Not all that populated, kinda out there in the sticks. Nice twisty roads (would have been great for your bike) and great scenery. I would like to live in that area although I don't see much of a job market. Might take it for granted after awhile and get very bored.

·
Registered
7 Posts
its a college town and i live a few hours from there it probally costly because i live in a college town and its expensive . but go to apartments.com type where your moving to and get actual prices.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
yeah, CHVL is high (don't ask me how I know)... I doubt Roanoke is anywhere like that though...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
i grew up there - lived from 4th grade until high school graduation

1 - 19 of 19 Posts