Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! My daughter just threw a rock down my pipe.Its a bolt on that I cant take off unless I ride the bike to my car to get tools.I didnt cut the cone so I think Im alright would you ride it?

·
Administrator
8,596 Posts
I'd ride it. The rock won't go any further down the pipe if you still have the cone in place. It may cause the bike to run a little rough if it's large enough to disrupt the flow, and it might be a little noisy if it starts to bounce around, but other than that I think you'll be all right. Who knows...twist the throttle hard and it might just shoot out!

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
One 12 O Clock and you're good as new. ;)

I'd rap the throttle on that thing hard (after it's warmed up) with the exhaust pointed in a safe direction before I rode it just to make sure if it's gonna come out, it isn't into anyone's windshield.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Man that 1000RR has so much tech type crap on it...I'd take the exhaust off and shake it out before I'd start up the bike...Imagine what a rock might do to the exhaust HTEV...

Did you look into the cannister with a light?? might just be a teloscopic probe away from rock freedom.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I rode to my car but ended striping allen bolt.(phuckin loctite)so i guess i'll try Oldskools method...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Lets see..... 2 screws, a coke bottle lid and a couple of marbles later, the start, warm and blip has worked every time. The marbles were the toughest and exit velocity was minimal. Everything else shot out on start.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bacchus said:
There's a story here, and I wanna hear it! :D

Glad your predicament is solved bjay!! So give us the details... :deal:
NO details really, rode the snot out of it (even tried a couple of wheelies)came home and it was gone.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
luvtolean said:
One 12 O Clock and you're good as new. ;)

I'd rap the throttle on that thing hard (after it's warmed up) with the exhaust pointed in a safe direction before I rode it just to make sure if it's gonna come out, it isn't into anyone's windshield.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Now, about that mouse????? :idunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts