Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got into work this morning. This was the second time I have done this. The first time did not go so well.

My first experience doing this froze my ass off. I am sure that I will get frames from riders in the colder regions of the counrty. The first time was in February. 40 degrees not not seem that cold when I started out. 20 minutes into the ride my hands were completely numb. So numb that I had to stop three times to get the feeling back into them. A drive that usually takes 50 minutes in a cage took an hour and a half.

This morning drive was quite the opposite. The temp was 74 degrees and clear skies. What a beautiful ride. It took 45 minutes this morning. What a glorious ride. The one complaint was the horriffic pad that Honda calls a seat. I will be ordering a new sargent seat today. What a pain in the arse I have from that seat.

Boy I love my 954!!! What a bike.!!! :hyper:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Glad to hear you’re happy with the Blade, it's a great bike!! :thumb:

From someone who's from the great white north 40 is still pretty cold especially if you’re on one of our 16 lane across open highways!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
colryn said:
Well, I just got into work this morning. This was the second time I have done this. The first time did not go so well.

My first experience doing this froze my ass off. I am sure that I will get frames from riders in the colder regions of the counrty. The first time was in February. 40 degrees not not seem that cold when I started out. 20 minutes into the ride my hands were completely numb. So numb that I had to stop three times to get the feeling back into them. A drive that usually takes 50 minutes in a cage took an hour and a half.

This morning drive was quite the opposite. The temp was 74 degrees and clear skies. What a beautiful ride. It took 45 minutes this morning. What a glorious ride. The one complaint was the horriffic pad that Honda calls a seat. I will be ordering a new sargent seat today. What a pain in the arse I have from that seat.

Boy I love my 954!!! What a bike.!!! :hyper:

You should move to Australia and displace some of the shit we have here then. (Go on, strike up all you free livin hippies). The coldes it really gets here is about 50 deg F overnight, in the middle of winter. Ok, so it gets colder, but you don't often ride in the middle of the night in winter. Today was a nice 65 deg F or so in winter. Yehh!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Three hours after riding to work and my arse still hurts. Man, what a POS seat. I just ordered a Sargent this morning. I hope it is better than the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yup....40 F is cold. :nod: You'll notice the diff. in the seat. After you get it you'll ride will take even longer because you won't want to get off. ;)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HondaGal said:
Yup....40 F is cold. :nod: You'll notice the diff. in the seat. After you get it you'll ride will take even longer because you won't want to get off. ;)

It seems that sargent is a little backed up in the seat business. I was informed that it is going to take 4 weeks for delivery. I can suffer for a little longer. It's good to know that it will be well worth the wait. :thumb:

·
Registered
755 Posts
colryn said:
It seems that sargent is a little backed up in the seat business. I was informed that it is going to take 4 weeks for delivery. I can suffer for a little longer. It's good to know that it will be well worth the wait. :thumb:
You might want to check the classifieds here,there are some sargent/corbin seats for sale,also ebay.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
jafo said:
You might want to check the classifieds here,there are some sargent/corbin seats for sale,also ebay.
Yeah, I checked the Classifieds and Bwhip has his for sale. It's a matching set and looks to be in perfect condition. Check with him...he's a decent guy too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts