Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wahay-new wsb season almost here:hyper: . This is going to be one awesome season! With so many top riders theres going to be some proper fairing bashing-think it'l put moto gp into the shade. C'mon Haslam!!:D

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
WSB is usually closer racing, certainly over the course of the season.

But its hard to say it puts motogp into the shade when you know the best riders (and bikes) are in motogp.

Anyway - roll on the race season for both!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The top ten in moto gp are probably the best riders in the world but the rest there are just to make the numbers up (17 in total this year aint it??). Dont get me wrong its just that for real close racing id watch wsb everytime admittedly you do get the odd good dice in gp but these are tending to be few and far between these days. This could well change in 2012 when gp goes back to 1000cc-cant come soon enough!:rant:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
This could well change in 2012 when gp goes back to 1000cc-cant come soon enough!:rant:
I dont think it will change with a change in formula.

The close racing depends on the top 4 guys all being on song that same race!

Interesting to see how Spies goes this year. Been a long while since a WSB racer has been at the pointy end of MotoGP.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, will be interesting to see how Spies gets on-5th/6th is probably the best he can hope for this season, reckon he'll be racing Edwards and Dovi most of the season, definately wont be challenging the big four......yet. Going back to wsb v gp-with sb you got at least 10 riders that could win a race this year, that cant be said about gp. Im not slagging gp off as im a fan of both series-just saying the way it is. Anyway i know what i'l be doing at 1am on sunday morning-bring it on!!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I honestly can't tell you the last time I was at the edge of my seat watching Motogp, but I am always at the edge of my seat watching WSBK and Supersport. Yea the GP guys are the best in the world but WSBK riders are the best in the world on production bikes, that being said I think in makes a more even playing field thus more exciting to watch. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to watch Motogp but then 9 times out 10 half way through the race someone has already checked out and I just want to see the end. Still a Haga fan no matter how many times he dissapoints.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Yeah, will be interesting to see how Spies gets on-5th/6th is probably the best he can hope for this season, reckon he'll be racing Edwards and Dovi most of the season, definately wont be challenging the big four
Don't be surprised to see him up front. People said the same thing at the beginning of the WSB Season last year. His talent is amazing but he has his work cut out for sure adjusting to to a much smaller bike with totally different handling characteristics.

I'm betting he'll win a race before the first half of the season. Just wish he was on a Repsol Honda. Damn!

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Don't be surprised to see him up front. People said the same thing at the beginning of the WSB Season last year. His talent is amazing but he has his work cut out for sure adjusting to to a much smaller bike with totally different handling characteristics.

I'm betting he'll win a race before the first half of the season. Just wish he was on a Repsol Honda. Damn!
I agree or at least a podium finish.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haga-the ''dogs borrocks'' as he would say!:rotfl: . He is class and one of the fans favourites but think the young guns have got too much fight for him this season. Think hes destined to be one of those greats that never won a title.:thumbd:

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Haga-the ''dogs borrocks'' as he would say!:rotfl: . He is class and one of the fans favourites but think the young guns have got too much fight for him this season. Think hes destined to be one of those greats that never won a title.:thumbd:

I am afraid you are right, but DAMN! I feel like he deserves just one.....He has been so close so many times that it seems its just not meant to be for him, but I'm not going to give up on him yet. There is so much talent, now Toseland is also back.....who knows what is going to happen, I caint wait to see.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Yeah, will be interesting to see how Spies gets on-5th/6th is probably the best he can hope for this season, reckon he'll be racing Edwards and Dovi most of the season, definately wont be challenging the big four......yet.
Being ahead of Edwards would be very good.

Hopefully Hayden get in the mix for that 5th spot.

Going back to wsb v gp-with sb you got at least 10 riders that could win a race this year, that cant be said about gp
Agreed - but I think that is mostly due to the "elite" riders in gp.
Its not like gp is dominated by a single bike - yamaha is definitely the best bike (just look at where Edwards is compared to the 2nd Ducati and Honda riders and more so the satellites of these makes)

Damn - might not get to see it.
Got a wedding and its only on pay tv (which I get at work but cant record!)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.