Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a roll-on from 2nd gear with my 954 against a guy with a CBR1000 and got spanked! He was still walking away from me in 4th gear. My 954 dyno'ed at 145 HP. Anybody else ever do a roll-on against the 1000 with a 954? If so what were the results? I thought it wouls be closer than it was. Tough to beat the new technology.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
waytooslow said:
I did a roll-on from 2nd gear with my 954 against a guy with a CBR1000 and got spanked! He was still walking away from me in 4th gear. My 954 dyno'ed at 145 HP. Anybody else ever do a roll-on against the 1000 with a 954? If so what were the results? I thought it wouls be closer than it was. Tough to beat the new technology.
So many 67 year old squids. You old bastards are giving us a bad name !!
:rant:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Whoa, easy on us old pharts! You're liable to make us go into cardiac arrest. :p And I'm sure none of you casting that first stone has ever broken the speed limit or done a roll on of your own. :rolleyes:

edit: typo, 'cause I don't want that grammar nazi "Bacchus" on my ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
I still had my 954 when I got my 1000RR. The 954 had a full Micron serpent system, PCIII, and around 7000 miles. I dynoed the two bikes, back to back, and the 1000RR (still stock, only around 650 miles) had a few more HP. I would say the 1000RR would've beat the 954 in a straight line, even with the extra weight, as it seemed to put the power down to the ground better (but probably a somewhat close race).

Now that the 1000RR has loosened up more with mileage and has the full exhaust, PCIII, filters, etc., I'm quite confident it would be considerably quicker than my old 954.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
garbau said:
I still had my 954 when I got my 1000RR. The 954 had a full Micron serpent system, PCIII, and around 7000 miles. I dynoed the two bikes, back to back, and the 1000RR (still stock, only around 650 miles) had a few more HP. I would say the 1000RR would've beat the 954 in a straight line, even with the extra weight, as it seemed to put the power down to the ground better (but probably a somewhat close race).

Now that the 1000RR has loosened up more with mileage and has the full exhaust, PCIII, filters, etc., I'm quite confident it would be considerably quicker than my old 954.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the info. What exactly were the dyno numbers from each bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
waytooslow said:
Thanks for the info. What exactly were the dyno numbers from each bike?
At the time (end of April), the 954RR was about 143 and the 1000RR was around 145. The dyno is considered one of the 'stingier' dynos around, but is calibrated & certified by DynoJet every year. A stock ZX-10R did 148 on that dyno a couple weeks later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
garbau said:
At the time (end of April), the 954RR was about 143 and the 1000RR was around 145. The dyno is considered one of the 'stingier' dynos around, but is calibrated & certified by DynoJet every year. A stock ZX-10R did 148 on that dyno a couple weeks later.
Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Mangina said:
So many 67 year old squids. You old bastards are giving us a bad name !!
:rant:
WTF? How is doing a roll-on squidly??? If you're serious, quit being so anal & self-righteous. Or get back on the meds, dude.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Conq, not to pick a fight, but can you honestly say that you have never done a roll on - on the street, somewhere - whether or not you were the only bike involved? C'mon... Just because there isn't another bike involved doesn't mean a roll on wasn't executed. I think every one of us has "gone through the gears". And I understand, that with another bike being involved, it could be construed as drag racing on the street. But still... :idunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,224 Posts
Bacchus said:
Conq, not to pick a fight, but can you honestly say that you have never done a roll on - on the street, somewhere - whether or not you were the only bike involved? C'mon... Just because there isn't another bike involved doesn't mean a roll on wasn't executed. I think every one of us has "gone through the gears". And I understand, that with another bike being involved, it could be construed as drag racing on the street. But still... :idunno:
PLEASE don't argue him back into letting anarchy rein!!! :eek:

Besides there is a difference between quietly doing and telling everyone ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
925 Posts
My stock 1000RR would spank the living shit out of the 929(with pipe, PC3)--and is dead nuts even with a piped '04 GXSR1---there is a big difference between the two bikes

Disclaimer: all testing was done on a racetrack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,132 Posts
Bacchus said:
Conq, not to pick a fight, but can you honestly say that you have never done a roll on - on the street, somewhere - whether or not you were the only bike involved? C'mon... Just because there isn't another bike involved doesn't mean a roll on wasn't executed. I think every one of us has "gone through the gears". And I understand, that with another bike being involved, it could be construed as drag racing on the street. But still... :idunno:
What's a roll-on? :idunno: ;) :smilebig:
 
1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Top