Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The author speculates that the 'other guy' would be Hayden. I think it would be more likely to be Biaggi or Gibernau in the short run...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I agree. I can't see Nicky taking the reigns just yet. He is doing really well this year but I think it will take at least one more before he could be ready to lead the team.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
Cool article....

I love how the journos cover their asses by mentioning both the UFO Triple and the V6.....

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think if Rossi leaves, no way will max get the #1 bike. Gib will get it, IMHO... Whether that'll make the 'A' team a telefonica team (as Gib would bring the Spanish money with him) or remain a repsol setup as its been for some time...

I don't see Bayliss getting bumped either... So would that put rossi on the 'B' Ducati squad with Hodgson?? I wouldn't think so...

As much as I'd like to see Rossi on the Desmo, I don't think Honda will let it happen...

And there is always the Aprilia outside chance. Rossi and Edwards would be sweet! But, I doubt Aprilia would be able to raise the fundage for rossi... Slim to none odds on that one...

And if Ducati really did offer him 10M euro, I don't think honda will chase after him... They'll just build a better bike as they have said...

I am already ready for silly season!! Bring it!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Good stuff! This is like soap operas for racing fans.

I like Rossi, but this part jumped out at me:

(Rossi is personally anti-tobacco and says so but has also said that he would not let his personal convictions prevent him from riding for a team with tobacco backing)

Ahh...one of those kinds of 'convictions'.

·
Registered
91 Posts
ccwilli3 : And there is always the Aprilia outside chance.  Rossi and Edwards would be sweet!  But, I doubt Aprilia would be able to raise the fundage for rossi...  Slim to none odds on that one...
Rossi won't ride for Aprilia.  He's opposed to smoking

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
sprint : Rossi won't ride for Aprilia.  He's opposed to smoking
Does this mean he refused the RC51 courtesy bike from Honda.....

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sprint : Quote (ccwilli3 @ Sep. 20 2003, 4:03pm)And there is always the Aprilia outside chance.  Rossi and Edwards would be sweet!  But, I doubt Aprilia would be able to raise the fundage for rossi...  Slim to none odds on that one...
How the hell do you think he's gonna ride for ducati then??

Did you read the link I posted? Rossi has gone lax on his tobacco stance...

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
ccwilli3 : Quote (sprint @ Sep. 21 2003, 9:36am)Quote (ccwilli3 @ Sep. 20 2003, 4:03pm)And there is always the Aprilia outside chance.  Rossi and Edwards would be sweet!  But, I doubt Aprilia would be able to raise the fundage for rossi...  Slim to none odds on that one...
How the hell do you think he's gonna ride for ducati then??

Did you read the link I posted?  Rossi has gone lax on his tobacco stance...
I think Sprint means Rossi's opposed to smoking while being aflame on an Aprilia cube....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts