Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rossi has switched to Yamaha for the 2004 campaign but feels Honda did not give his achievements due recognition.

He told Motorcycle News: "Honda did not treat me like I deserved. It's possible they would have won without me, but the RCV was made by me.

"Honda Racing Corporation people treat you like a state employee. You can win 30 GPs and all they do is try and belittle the achievements you had."

BBC Link

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
:nopity:

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's nice to be appreciated, but for $10-$15M a year and the opportunity to ride the baddest bikes on the globe they can bitch slap me and call me their man-gina all day long!!

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Rossi's the man. Having said that, I have no sympathy for guys that make more money than they can spend. The bottom line is you're only worth what you can negotiate for yourself and if he doesn't think they were paying him enough, why did he sign? *shrug* The beauty of a free market...

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
just another primadonna in todays world of sport. he is italian too, and we all know thier egos are small to begin with ( :nono: )

·
Registered
522 Posts
Cowboy said:
It's nice to be appreciated, but for $10-$15M a year and the opportunity to ride the baddest bikes on the globe they can bitch slap me and call me their man-gina all day long!!
Well said... :clap:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
it is just YAMAHAs brainwashing techniques finally taking hold, look what those same techniques do to R1 owners.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Cowboy said:

not for long if you are the best in the west :idunno:

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
That's just Japanese mentality no? Doesn't like upper management sit with the regular staff in factories too? I think one has lost one's privilge to complain when you make that much $.

....and he was winning too.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Rossi needs a little humility, I think this is the year.

It has to be hard when everyone but the japs are kiissing your a--

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Excellent riders still NEED excellent teams behind them to win. Maybe Honda just gives everyone involved the credit? Not just the front man...

Z...

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I think this MotoGP season should be nicknamed "Days of our MotoGP Lives" with all the soap opera drama queens lipping off.
Who's gonna be the next rider to put his skirt on backwards and then run to the media to whine about it?
Rossi sure is upping his chances of getting an F1 test drive everyday, isn't he?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts