Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Yesterday I was riding to work and the engine seems a little rough. Initially riding fine, then lose a little power, then run fine all of a sudden !

Yet on the way home, wallop ! I seem to be running on 2-3 cylinders and my RRX now sounds like a VTR 1000.

Can anybody help and let me know where to start.

My first idea would be to change the plugs, if still running bad I will look and measure the HT leads.

Other than doing these checks, I'm really not quite sure where to look?

I don't think it's a carb strip down :S

The Bike was left for 6 weeks whilst I was in Hungary, yesterday was the first day riding on my return.

Please help me :idunno:

·
Registered
14 Posts
So the bike was running fine 6 weeks ago? I think you are in the correct mindset - I would remove the plugs and see what info you can gain. If you're tight on cash, I would clean the individual spark plugs and reassemble.... six weeks is long enough for gas to varnish, so carbs could be a problem.

After cleaning the plugs, I would refill with fresh fuel then give it a good run on the road at full throttle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
same exact thing happened to me and it turned out to be a plugged pilot jet. Ended up costing me <$100 to have it cleaned out...bike runs better than ever before!!

good luck.

joe

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Guys!
I had this problem on my old bike! Yamaha YZF750R.
Missing on two pots at tick over continuing up to around 3.5 Thousand RPM
Stripped the bank of carbs down, spending hours cleaning and checking only to find out on the second attempt that it was a smale hole in the rubber ballance tubes between the Carbs inlet manifolds (Sucking Air) new peice of tube and problem solved!
:clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts