Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm use to carbed Ducati and the superhawk motors
And my bike is a Cbr 1000 2007 which I'm a newb at the mechanics of but it seems to get really vibrated at around 5000 and smooths back out at 6 or seven I mean super smooth so I'm wondering if this is normal for theese motors I assume it is but just curious u all have been great to me and I know I threw a lot out at once but I want to know all I can before I start modding the engine I want it to be smooth all over the range and I end up riding above this vibration and prob need to as this bike thrives at that range but seems to go speed limits I'm stuck at five lol can I add a seventh gear lolol
But seriously is something wrong

·
Registered
5 Posts
just picked up an 06 with the same issue, hoping its not some expensive bug in the ointment that noones telling us about. Havent run across anyone with a 1000 yet since i picked mine up but plan on comparing apples as soon as i do! Dont want to change a bunch of internals if nothings wrong.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I've figured out it just seems to be the frequency the motor runs at that rpm other bikes do it in other ranges its kinda like bass I guess some smooth and some rough frequencies so that makes since to me so I feel better now that I added the Pcv and auto tune it is a lot better but still there

·
Registered
30 Posts
its from the chain tensioner - it wears out after time and the chain isn't kept as "tight" as it should be... getting a new fresh tensioner will solve this problem...

Nico

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So ur saying a vibration at only 5 to 6 k is the adjuster on the back of my swing arm ?
It's not at the last setting maybe a Lil over half way back I'm buying a new sprocket and chain set
As well as a new Cush drive ( I can turn my sprocket by hand a quarte inch ��
I trust ur opinion but I'm curious to how that would only effect a certain range and when u say new u mean the whole assembly the start screws and all ?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,051 Posts
So ur saying a vibration at only 5 to 6 k is the adjuster on the back of my swing arm ?
It's not at the last setting maybe a Lil over half way back I'm buying a new sprocket and chain set
As well as a new Cush drive ( I can turn my sprocket by hand a quarte inch ��
I trust ur opinion but I'm curious to how that would only effect a certain range and when u say new u mean the whole assembly the start screws and all ?
I believe RepsolBG is talking about the Cam Chain Tensioner, not your drive chain adjuster. However, I'm pretty sure there should be zero play in your rear sprocket. The rubber dampers dilute the lash/backlash from the drivetrain. The sprocket carrier should fit nice and snug on the rear rim. The rubber dampers do wear over time, depending how aggressive you ride. 1/4 " of play should not exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts