Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 02 f4i, it has about 20,000 miles. When I first get on the bike and start riding it does fine, however after about ten min the bike will not accelerate over 60 mph, and when I come to a stop and begin to take of the bike misses so terribly I'm afraid it's going to kill out. I know for sure that the spark plugs haven't been changed in the past 10,000 miles or 6 years. But what else could cause this problem?

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
what else...?

stator, regulator/rectifier, coils, wires, a sensor, but my money goes toward a fuel issue: pump, pressure regulator, or filter (if there is one).

could be any of those. have you checked the air filter?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The air filter is clean, I haven't replaced any of the mentioned parts. Didn't want to just start throwing parts at the bike without a general idea of what the problem may be.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Didn't want to just start throwing parts at the bike
I hear that. But I'd first go after compression. I'd have the plugs out so I'd want new if the compression passes somewhere over 110psi or better. This low and it's why it's getting slow I would imagine? The fuel pump line has to be removed, key on and how is the flow looking like when you capture the gas in a plastic drinking bottle say? The shop manual may show a cc measurement to the cycled pressure time or something like that, I'm not sure?

I'd also bet on fuel pressure or its filter if not compression :idunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts