Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not going to be Route 66, but....

A number of us are planning a summer trip from the Canadian Military academy, in Kingston, Ontario, south to the Florida Quays ("keys" to you yanks) :eyebrows:

We have been pouring over the maps but we don't want to ride SLAB, so I though I'd post here and see if y'all could help us assemble a route that would be fun for about 6 or 8 guys on sportbikes. :hyper:

We don't really even care if we get to the "keys" or not. We're just after a nice 3 week break of twisties and fun. Offline e-mail suggestions gratefully accepted as well, to [email protected] :thumb:

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
Unless you want to ride hundreds of miles of nothing but completely straight roads, don't go any farther south than N. Georgia. Stay in the mountains. Hit up the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, and the hundreds of other twisties in the area.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ND4SPD said:
Unless you want to ride hundreds of miles of nothing but completely straight roads, don't go any farther south than N. Georgia. Stay in the mountains. Hit up the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, and the hundreds of other twisties in the area.
That's good to know!! :thumb:

Anyone care to propose the route by hi-way numbers? :huh:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Florida has it's own *attractions*. Not really of the twisy variey but I found the drive from Miami to Key West to be really picturesque and Key West itself is just quirky enough that I'm still planning a trans-continental trip there from here (it's about 3200 miles).

Depends on your ultimate goal. A road trip adventure or pure sports-riding. If you are looking for pure sports-riding and are not a BikerBoyz squid then I suspect you will find little of value in FL at all.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Just ask yourself how badly you want to see the Keys, because it's a really long drive from the Georgia border to Key West (especially on a sportbike). Otherwise, I would stay in the North Georgia, Deal's Gap area and if you want to hit the beach head East thru North Carolina.

If you decide to head thru Florida to the Keys and want to take something more scenic take 27 from I75 (near Ocala, FL) all the way to Miami. It will take you a bit longer, but I think it's much better than following 75 or 95 (so boring). I also recommend taking Card Sound Road once you get South of Miami.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts