Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I got an 07 blade on the weekend and I'd like to get the full list of routine maintenance items for the machine. (I'm getting the service manual in the week). So far I know it's:

• Oil check every 1000 - 1500km (and that it should be synthetic)
  • Checking the tires before every ride.
  • Checking the brake and dot4 clutch fluid.
  • Making sure my trip counter !> than the petrol in my tank :D
  • Seeing if the chain isn't loose.
Anything I miss? Also my clutch fluid leaked onto the fairing a bit this weekend after I rode it (but not after it just stood) but I did notice it was a bit above the max line. Is that fine? Also it was black?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Cleaning/lubing the chain is as important as checking the slack :thumb:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Clutch fluid will blacken with age, nothing to worry about.

Cheap and easy to change though.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
You can attach a tube to the bleed nipple and pump it out with the lever, just make sure you don't get any on the paintwork !! :)

My previous bike had a hydraulic clutch, the fluid went dark very quickly, but I didn't stress about it and the clutch performed fine.

Cable clutch - no worries :thumb:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I change my clutch and brake fluids regularly (no hydraulic clutch on the Blade) I use a large syringe to suck all the old fluid out of the reservoir, do not actuate the brakes or clutch after doing this or you will introduce air into the system. Then I refill the reservoirs with new fluid and bleed the system as normal to get the remaining old fluid out of the lines and calipers, until I get clean fluid flowing. Keep an eye on the fluid level while you're doing this! Brake fluid is susceptable to moisture contamination. I probably go overboard with this, but it only costs pennies each time, and I like to see clean fluid in the reservoirs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts