Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
my rpm is going up and down when a come to stop signs/traffic lights. it also changes when just idling. I have a 93 cbr 600 f2. please advise.

·
Banned
474 Posts
This sounds like an air leak someplace. With a cold engine, a bottle of water with the lid off, an unlit propane torch blowing over the intake boots, I'd see if the idle would change some if that gas was entering the slight leak there?

That takes care of the boots. Next would be to close the low speed towers. I don't mean to touch the screws, I mean to cover these over with something so the air is possibly going past the old oring and this sometimes has a tuning issue or idle being sporadic.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
This sounds like an air leak someplace. With a cold engine, a bottle of water with the lid off, an unlit propane torch blowing over the intake boots, I'd see if the idle would change some if that gas was entering the slight leak there?

That takes care of the boots. Next would be to close the low speed towers. I don't mean to touch the screws, I mean to cover these over with something so the air is possibly going past the old oring and this sometimes has a tuning issue or idle being sporadic.
Can you explain that a little further? What do you do with the water, and why blow propane at the boots? I kind of get it, but my picture is incomplete.
Just trying to learn here...

·
Banned
474 Posts
Cold engine = Less to catch fire if using brake or contact cleaner also.
Propane/water = I pull the tank away and water down whatever catches fire.
I'm outside doing this = Or there goes the house.

Edit: I'd more disable the spark or igniter so I have gas control and not have it on constantly; or it rises under the tank or settles down below when cold. I want the idle to speed up is the sporadic idle or back to the threads leaking past the oring at the air screws.

Edit: Or I could blow propane under the jet towers and if they rise in idle... Buddaboombuddabing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts