Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty basic, I know, but one "trick" that may help out a bit.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kevin954 (or 954Kevin..... one of them) messaged me about that- he uses aluminum foil.. might be more "resilient" to absorbing the oil up =] But the cardboard does work fairly well.

Reactions: H8ta_Hurta954

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kevin954 (or 954Kevin..... one of them) messaged me about that- he uses aluminum foil.. might be more "resilient" to absorbing the oil up =] But the cardboard does work fairly well.
Okay that will work too.. I hate getting all that oil on my headers ... then you gotta let it burn off.

thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very welcome! That was the hope for the video that I could stress the crush washer, using motorcycle oil, and hopefully toss out a trick to keeping some oil off the headers! The cardboard is not perfect as I still get just a tad on the exhaust (most of the time) but it is just enough to burn off within a couple minutes of starting.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are some really good tips. I usually rely on my repair manual but it doesn't have these handy tips. Thanks for sharing.
The Haynes manual is good at adding some tricks and/or tips in sometimes... but not the Honda manual. I try to add any "real-world" tricks that I can when I do a "Doin' Stuff/How-to" vid.

Love the cardboard tip, I’ll do that next time, I also use a smear of the old oil around the oil filter seal
HAH! I am not the only one that uses old oil for the new filter seal! As I said in the video, my dad showed me that when I was very very young and it just stuck. But, if you look at the front of the sealing surface it is nothing more than a plate. Nothing that directly goes into the engine or really affects anything (unless it leaks... then you are in trouble).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts