Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have just moved to France and have taken my Fireblade with me (1993 RRP) from the UK. I looked up some data on various forums that told me to restrict this model I would have to get a French CDI unit, which I went out and did. I have now received a letter from Honda stating that the one thing I have to do to my full-power bike to restrict it to the 100bhp limit is to have a new exhaust camshaft fitted - they do not mention the CDI at all???

I am now very confused about the whole thing. Anybody know what a dealer would charge to change an exhaust camshaft to give me a benchmark for what I will be quoted?

Thanks again

Frustrated Badgerman:(

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi,
I moved from holland to France for work.
I brought my bike SC28 with me. But I left my license plate Dutch. My insurance is still Dutch as well. I still have a Dutch address so that makes everything much easier too.
So I don't need the restriction on my bike because I say I drive in both contries.:rotfl:
If I was you you be better of keeping your plate English.

Hi - I have just moved to France and have taken my Fireblade with me (1993 RRP) from the UK. I looked up some data on various forums that told me to restrict this model I would have to get a French CDI unit, which I went out and did. I have now received a letter from Honda stating that the one thing I have to do to my full-power bike to restrict it to the 100bhp limit is to have a new exhaust camshaft fitted - they do not mention the CDI at all???

I am now very confused about the whole thing. Anybody know what a dealer would charge to change an exhaust camshaft to give me a benchmark for what I will be quoted?

Thanks again

Frustrated Badgerman:(

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yeah but think about it, how long do you think it will be until other countires adopt similar laws as bikes get faster and people continue to ride like clowns in public. This is the price that we all might have to pay.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah but think about it, how long do you think it will be until other countires adopt similar laws as bikes get faster and people continue to ride like clowns in public. This is the price that we all might have to pay.
it will come in all the countries. The bikes are just too powerfull for most riders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts