Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tell me how long center to centre the rrv shock is?

What the width of top and bottom mount points are

And lastly what the diameter of the bolts are top and bottom,

I ask as im looking for a replacemnt shock and sometimes the newer shuff will fit,

I dont have my shock off as its in use most days, so if anyone has one handy that would be great Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone tell me how long center to centre the rrv shock is?

What the width of top and bottom mount points are

And lastly what the diameter of the bolts are top and bottom,

I ask as im looking for a replacemnt shock and sometimes the newer shuff will fit,

I dont have my shock off as its in use most days, so if anyone has one handy that would be great Thanks

I have the shock off my RRT in the garage, I'll take the measurements when I'm home next week as I'm out in the states.
However why don't you just decide which shock you want (Ohlins, Nitron, WP, Maxton, Hagon etc) and order the one for your bike ?

I have the Nitron Race which is excellent

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the shock off my RRT in the garage, I'll take the measurements when I'm home next week as I'm out in the states.
However why don't you just decide which shock you want (Ohlins, Nitron, WP, Maxton, Hagon etc) and order the one for your bike ?

I have the Nitron Race which is excellent
that would be great thanks, the reason i ask is my blade is not a race bike nor is it a sunday blast, my blade is a work horse to get me about, those shocks are way to advanced for what i need, but….. you can pick up really new shocks from bikes that come out the create and hit the track, they buy ohlins etc etc but there old shock is mint and will do me if i can get it to fit…..

example, my tzr250 1989 now has a 2008 cbr1000 shock that was new for 30 quid from ebay, it needed 2 spacers and the neck drilled out to 12mm, bingo, brand new shock in old bike for £30 and the way i ride it will feel like an ohlins to me, the old one was terrible… hence i need the approx size as the blade only comes off the road for repairs, if i can get size i can buy approx and fit it in a day, thanks for the help…. look forward to it….

·
Registered
103 Posts
that would be great thanks, the reason i ask is my blade is not a race bike nor is it a sunday blast, my blade is a work horse to get me about, those shocks are way to advanced for what i need, but….. you can pick up really new shocks from bikes that come out the create and hit the track, they buy ohlins etc etc but there old shock is mint and will do me if i can get it to fit…..

example, my tzr250 1989 now has a 2008 cbr1000 shock that was new for 30 quid from ebay, it needed 2 spacers and the neck drilled out to 12mm, bingo, brand new shock in old bike for £30 and the way i ride it will feel like an ohlins to me, the old one was terrible… hence i need the approx size as the blade only comes off the road for repairs, if i can get size i can buy approx and fit it in a day, thanks for the help…. look forward to it….
Ok fair one, I'll measure up my RRT shock when I'm back in the UK on Tuesday.
I only put the full Nitron Race shock on mine as I got it really cheap. Not £30 cheap but around £200 cheaper than it should have been.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok fair one, I'll measure up my RRT shock when I'm back in the UK on Tuesday.
I only put the full Nitron Race shock on mine as I got it really cheap. Not £30 cheap but around £200 cheaper than it should have been.
Right then, got my 1800 mile standard shock out of the garage and it measures:-

Centre of top mount to centre of bottom mount 310mm
Overal total length approx 340mm
Top and bottom mount bolts/holes 10mm
Lower mount bush width 39mm
Upper mount bush width 28.4mm

Hope that helps, anything else you need to know let me know cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts