Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been riding my new RRW for 2 days now and it seems that there is a lack of acceleration in first. Not what i would expect from the bike.

It dosent feel like a mechanical issue more like someone may have added or taken a tooth or 2.

It has been jetted and has a full Akropovic exhaust system. Smooth as you like with plenty of top end "Omph" taken it to ehem MPH and is LUSH, just feels to me that fisrt could/should be taller.

Whats your take on it? any ideas or agreement would be helpfull.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Do you know how many teeth you have on the sprockets? think its 16 front 42 rear standard... I added a 15 to the front on mine and its realy brought the bike alive but I found it scary fast anyway realy just wanted a bit more wheel poping action as im a 20 stone rider needs a bit more punch hehe.

have you had the bike rolling roaded when it was jetted? if so was it making the power it should be? If not could be worth having it setup on the rollers

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mr Chops again! you are a handy fellow arnt you!

Im thinking that would be a good idea! but it will have to wait untill next payday and i will have to find somewhere!

I am thinking i may need to just change a sproket and it will give me the low end im after! because frankly there aint many places i can use the full top without seeing i brightly coloured taxi trying to keep up! Or an icecream van with noise and flashing lights from an odd low angle!

I will have my local have a quick once over! they may even be able to test it. they do build race/drag bikes and one of them races R1's. i should ask!

anyone else with any ideas im still gladly taking tips!!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Have been riding my new RRW for 2 days now and it seems that there is a lack of acceleration in first. Not what i would expect from the bike.

It dosent feel like a mechanical issue more like someone may have added or taken a tooth or 2.

It has been jetted and has a full Akropovic exhaust system. Smooth as you like with plenty of top end "Omph" taken it to ehem MPH and is LUSH, just feels to me that fisrt could/should be taller.

What exactly do you mean by acceleration?
First gear should easily stand the bike on it's back wheel when you accelerate hard.
You mention plenty of top end power which implies first actually accelerates just fine.
Are you trying to accelerate hard from low rpm? Do not do this to the engine, it is not designed for it. It won't pull throttle until somewhere around 3000rpm or more depending on how it's tuned.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Mr Chops again! you are a handy fellow arnt you!

Im thinking that would be a good idea! but it will have to wait untill next payday and i will have to find somewhere!

I am thinking i may need to just change a sproket and it will give me the low end im after! because frankly there aint many places i can use the full top without seeing i brightly coloured taxi trying to keep up! Or an icecream van with noise and flashing lights from an odd low angle!

I will have my local have a quick once over! they may even be able to test it. they do build race/drag bikes and one of them races R1's. i should ask!

anyone else with any ideas im still gladly taking tips!!

You mention low end, sportsbikes do not have or need low end. The bottom third of the tach is sacrificed to give you the power you want in the top third. What other bikes are you comparing your bike to in this regard?

·
Registered
332 Posts

IMHO FWIW its probably due to tha fact that its a new bike to you. As suggested check the sprocket sizes just to be sure, but if they are not bigger on the front and smaller on the back then i would say your bike was ok.

cheers
Simon

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i will just have to ride for a while and see! the snow wont help me get used to it though!

why is it that a smattering of snow makes people slow down to 20mph!!!! its much more dangerous that flooring it!

No need to go that slow unless it settles on the fing road! so many people having near misses this morning on my ride home!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well had my garage have a once over the bike! they are really surprised at how good shape its in! bonus! and have told me there is nothing wrong with the acceleration. they have said stop being a muppet! haha!

am rather pleased with myself! quite smug actually!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts