Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have a frustrating problem with my rrw 918 blade . To start with its a bit rough on idle (lumpy) -but the main problem is it cuts out on runs. Its ok round town or when i'm on country roads (on and off throttle)but when i'm on the motorway and doing a constant speed, it coughs and dies. (not good in the 3rd lane) . When it first done it i wound it on but that just killed it straight. I eventually found you had to roll off the throttle then feather it back on and it would clear. ive checked plugs, leads, coil and its had the fuel tap refurbed. any ideas?
p.s it struggles on top speed.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Float level too low perhaps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah yeah yeah.... 919cc ;) i'll check filter etc.. its also got a scottoiler fitted, has anyone had any problems with these ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
how many gallons do the 900s hold? and what is the mpg? I've had a similar problem and just thought i was running out of gas but see now there may be more too it. I've look around for specs but keep getting different answers. The most common i've seen in 4.3 (.08)

·
Registered
4 Posts
how many gallons do the 900s hold? and what is the mpg? I've had a similar problem and just thought i was running out of gas but see now there may be more too it. I've look around for specs but keep getting different answers. The most common i've seen in 4.3 (.08)
Vacume in tank possidle check tank small air vent is clear in tank cap

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
i would check the vacuum lines - if there is a leak the fuel tap might not be opening properly/fully restricting fuel flow.

the other thing is if you have had the fuel tank off just make sure none of the breather pipes from the carbs particularly on the RH side are not getting pinched when the tank goes down. I had a real issue with this and took ages to track down what was happening! Grrrrrr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts