Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all just wondering from the seat of the pants feel a two tooth jump up on the rear sprocket is gonna make a big difference. I'm a big fella 300lbs and the bike handles my weight fantastic. Long gone r my das of 240km/h plus riding but I do enjoy the occasional wheelie! ? I'm running a525 chain with stock front and a 43 tooth rear now. Think I'll go to a 45. Any input (other than about my girth ?) is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
if it were me id drop a tooth up front instead. loosing one tooth on the front is roughly like adding 3 to the rear. youd be cutting rotational mass instead of adding it. down one tooth is a noticeable difference but not real extreme. not any real advantages to adding two teeth on the rear vs taking away one in the front. where i can name at least a couple changing the front over the rear. like i mentioned if givin the option id always remove weight over adding it, specially unsprung weight and rotational mass. second, a new front sprocket is less than half the cost of a rear sprocket. just my opinion.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think I'll go down one in the front. I guess i was just thinking easiest route, but a $40 difference makes it an easy choice LOL. I'm gonna get a Sunstar steel sprocket.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
yep. sunstar jt afam all make good ones. i think im running jt right now but id just as soon use a sunstar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts