Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please confirm weather or not a dynojet kit for a RRW wil fit a RRV ?
i am positive they run the same carbs

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Could someone please confirm weather or not a dynojet kit for a RRW wil fit a RRV ?
i am positive they run the same carbs

Possibly, but the kits are fairly different.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Main difference from what i can see is the main jet size.

Thanks for the pdf's bladeracer. Sorted out my doubts.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Main difference from what i can see is the main jet size.

Thanks for the pdf's bladeracer. Sorted out my doubts.

Drilling the slides would be a noticeable difference as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drilling the slides ? Tell me more , i'm curious . I'm good at mechanics etc... but tunning and engine mods are something i'm just getting to grips with.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Drilling the slides ? Tell me more , i'm curious . I'm good at mechanics etc... but tunning and engine mods are something i'm just getting to grips with.

The slides are lifted by vacuum in the vacuum chamber caused by air passing the hole(s) in the bottom of the slide. Changing the size of the holes changes when and how fast the slides lift.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've just spent the last 1.5 hours reading about this "viking mod" and seeing how i have a spare air box , i will be doing the mod over the weekend coming .
My RR-V is currently running a k&n air filter , full stainless system with yoshimura can , i also have a ignition advance unit currently set up at 3 degrees advance.

Do you still recomend drilling the slides if so , what size drill bit?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I've just spent the last 1.5 hours reading about this "viking mod" and seeing how i have a spare air box , i will be doing the mod over the weekend coming .
My RR-V is currently running a k&n air filter , full stainless system with yoshimura can , i also have a ignition advance unit currently set up at 3 degrees advance.

Do you still recomend drilling the slides if so , what size drill bit?

Without knowing the size of the original holes I couldn't even guess :)
I noticed the '96/'97 and '98/'99 slides are different part numbers so they may have different size holes. Might be worth chasing up some measurements. DJ may simply be drilling the earlier slides to what the later slides are OEM. The kit drill bit is listed as DD#44 so it _might_ be 4.4mm, or it might be a random number they use.
You don't want to drill them too big or you risk them lifting too quickly and getting the "flatslide" effect where the engine gets a lungfull of air but not enough fuel, causing it to stumble when you crack open the throttle.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:thumb: massive thanks for your input here BR , should i come across any more dilemmas ,i'l get back to this , i'l report back on this " viking mod " hopefully after weekend.

Last time my bike went on dyno , it showed 128 bhp , not sure if thats at wheel or crank though , hoping to see some gains next timer around .

quick snap of my beasty

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
:thumb: massive thanks for your input here BR , should i come across any more dilemmas ,i'l get back to this , i'l report back on this " viking mod " hopefully after weekend.

Last time my bike went on dyno , it showed 128 bhp , not sure if thats at wheel or crank though , hoping to see some gains next timer around .

quick snap of my beasty

Bhp is always measured at the crank. I have heard of an occasional dyno operator adding some fudge factor to dyno output and then listing it as Bhp. Hp is measured at the wheel. 128hp sounds like a strong one but it can really only be compared to other bikes the guy has done on the same dyno.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah , i know every dyno run will vary from one to another depending on equipment used and operator himself, will be going back to the same guy as it's the only local one to me (even that is nearly 30 miles) . If you say that 128 sounds a bit too good then perhaps the operator did sprinkle some fairy dust somewhere along the line , as it is a stock engine with only a k&n , exhaust system and ignition advance unit , it has been jetted to suit the filter and pipe ( 126 mj if i remember right) always run 98 octane fuel if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just wondering if you fitted the RRW Dynojet kit on you RRV?? If you didn't I'd be interested in the RRW kit as I was looking for one for my Blade when I seen this thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts