Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to buy some paint for my Blade im based in Northern Ireland i was only looking for a 25ml touch up found what i was looking for on RS Bike Paint it was pretty dear £8.50 but heard good quality so said what the hell but when i found out postage changed my mind. They were going to charge me £9.60 to post to me so thats total price of £18. And if i was on the Mainland they would have still charged £8 RIDICULOUS I got a quick quote from the Royal Mail website and i can send the same package from NI to RS Paint in Hertfordshire for £2.90 and thats tracked and signed for. They might do good paint but their postage charges are EXTORIONATE I told them id have to look elsewhere Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Maybe check with local body shops to see where they source their paints. Usually there is a local distributor who can whip something together for you. That's how i found my supplier.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
A good automotive repairer will have a spectrograph which is a computer-aided camera that scans the colour on your bike and then details the mixing ratios. The better shops will make up a small tin for you. I have done this myself for both Honda metallic paints and MV Agusta red. Very pleased with results.

I have also used RS paints for restoration work (VF100R) and can say their product is very good, but I agree with you about postage. In my case though I had purchased a few cans so it wasn't quite so bad!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts