Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda 700 Shadow ('84), I needed a tiny LIGHT BULB for the indicator dash and I live near a Harley Davidson dealer. It is a light bulb, remember, so I went in there thinking, well Harley's use light bulbs...well apparently they use only Harley light bulbs...
Me, "I have a Honda 700C and need a light bulb for the indicators"
HD Dude extremely annoyed and looking at me like I just crawled out from under a rock, "We don't have parts for Metric Bikes"
My question is are all HD guys this stuck up, inflated, and stupid or is it just them?

·
Registered
146 Posts
My question is are all HD guys this stuck up, inflated, and stupid or is it just them?

For the most part, yes. I'd have replied that I didn't know there's a difference between a metric and standard bulb and ask them to explain further. If they couldn't I would have made some smart-a** comment and walked out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ride a Harley and an RC51. I find depending on what I'm riding dictates what respect I get and from whom. My attitude is I don't care what you ride as long as you do.

That being said, I can appreciate your feelings. My wife rides a Harley and we went to the local Hog Dealer to look at some stuff. I pulled in on the RC and you have thought that I flipped all of them off. I chuckled to myself and moved on. Once in the store I was treated as normal until I exited and returned to my rice grinder.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've owned one Harley back in 79', an XR750 which I believe was one of Scott Parkers. Never did really enjoy it as I did the "Rice Burners" but when I needed a job it did get me through the front door of a Harley dealer. Long story short when I rode the Kaw to work I was told to park it in back, way in back where it can't be seen. Oh well. I'm thinking of picking up a ride the wife and I can ride on a little more comfortably. I'm thinking Goldwing or the ST1100? My friends are saying "Fat Boy" and at one time I had a passenger on one during a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) and it was not that bad. I just don't know if they will run at a comfortable pace for 400/500 daily rides while traveling.
Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts