·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good luck to the boys on the turf... ruck on, ruck on. GO Springboks GO!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Which is the one where everyone looks like they're in a huddle, until someone squirts out with the ball?
Is that rugby or Aussie rules football?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which is the one where everyone looks like they're in a huddle, until someone squirts out with the ball?
Is that rugby or Aussie rules football?
I am no expert, but I believe they both have a very similar origin. But Rugby is where the teams get into a scrum, and they have two locks (the position that I played in high school) and a hooker (normally the smallest person of the team) inbetween the locks. The hooker is the one that is the tool that the locks use to get the bowl, and then the rest of the scrum are there to support the locks and hooker to fish out the ball.

:eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
They also kick-off, like in some other games. When ever there is a penalty to pay for mistakes made the scrum or kick is orderd. After every set of points the game is resumed by kick off. The main thing is that the ball must be passed on backwards while running forward. If you drop the ball forward a knock-on is committed and they will scrum. Hope this helps, I know it is very basic, but you would be able to see what is going on with this..

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
But Rugby is where the teams get into a scrum, and they have two locks (the position that I played in high school) and a hooker (normally the smallest person of the team) inbetween the locks. The hooker is the one that is the tool that the locks use to get the bowl, and then the rest of the scrum are there to support the locks and hooker to fish out the ball.

:eek:
Hooker that is a tool and locks are involved. Doesn't sound like a fun evening to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts