Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't say I didn't see this coming... with criticism from in and outside the pentagon, and the Democrats taking both the house and looks like the senate...

CNN Headline news is saying Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is stepping down.

It's not up on the web yet... but there it is.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Held accountable or thrown under the bus? :allears:
Accountable? This administration does not know the meaning of that word.
And it's not very probable that a bus run him over because public transportation sucks in the USA.

They just need something to change the subject of loosing this bad, and change it soon.:patriot:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Only reasonable. Whether you like him or not, he is the architect of a disasterous war. The buck has to stop somewhere. I suppose I should rejoice that he waited until he could take the whole Republican party with him.

I can only wish his successor (Robet Gates) the best of luck. It is not easy inheriting a bad situation.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
What is funny is that if the Republicans had just taken over a bunch of seats from the Dems and a Dem Secretary was stepping down/getting the boot, this thread would be at 3 pages already. The chickens are coming home to roost and the war mongers on here don't have anything to say? :rotfl:

·
Registered
686 Posts
I can only wish his successor (Robet Gates) the best of luck. It is not easy inheriting a bad situation.
Me too. As a school president he was great. He actually listened to students/faculty on differing things and was always wanting to help. While he was there he placed a huge emphasis on the code of honor upon us. I hope he takes that with him to his new job.

He would drive around campus in a golf cart and one of the times I dropped my bike he came over to help me up and see if I was ok. Little stuff like that means a lot to me. I hope he takes that caring attitude with him as well.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
First SSG, then PETE...Rummy really had no other choice but to step down before the subpoenas began rolling in... ;)

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
What is funny is that if the Republicans had just taken over a bunch of seats from the Dems and a Dem Secretary was stepping down/getting the boot, this thread would be at 3 pages already. The chickens are coming home to roost and the war mongers on here don't have anything to say? :rotfl:
Kinda like you didn't have anything to say when Nicky won the championship?

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Dammit, Gibernau just can't get a break. He retires, and Rumsfeld gets the headlines. That was some curse!

Carl Rove is genius... :twocents:

Edit:
Quite possibly evil genius, but genius nonetheless...

Horseshit. Carl Rove, the author of the "appeal to the base and we'll always win" strategy? :rotfl:
It's easy to look like a genius when your opponents are acting like idiots. But the Bushies have never figured out that it's OK to modify your approach if the situation demands it.

Held accountable or thrown under the bus? :allears:
Same difference.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Too little, too late from Bush and the gang. If he were doing a better job as leader, helping establish realistic expectations, showing true leadership, the election results might have been much different.

+1000000000

This is a wonderful country. The balance of power changes easily and peacefully. Whoever says your vote doesn't count isn't paying attention.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts