Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon,I have an ongoing running issue with a 2001 cbr600f just dies after around 10-15 minutes of riding I've already replaced alternator rec/rectify which both were knackered so battery is charging fine and new battery.plugs changed and a service oil ect.no rough idle just dies on the spot I have mentioned to honda could it be the hiss system and they said it's rare has anyone had this issue before?many thanks.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I take it that it is an FI model? If so, are there any thought had stored in the ECU. A workshop manual will show you how to read them and it might help diagnose the issue.

It might be something like a faulty cam sensor Failing when it gets hot, for example.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it that it is an FI model? If so, are there any thought had stored in the ECU. A workshop manual will show you how to read them and it might help diagnose the issue.

It might be something like a faulty cam sensor Failing when it gets hot, for example.
It is a F1 model someone said on another forum it might be the tank breather problem something I need to look at to rule out are the cam sensors a known problem.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
possible - when it conks out try opening the fuel cap and it there is a sudden inrush of air that could be the problem. I had, on a fireblade carb'd model, pinched one of the pipes when re-fitting the tank and it wouldn't run over about 6,000 rpm so stranger things have happened!.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts