Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help
I have a 900 cbr carb model and its started running real rough. When I sometimes open the throttle it alsmot cuts out then suddenly accelerates like crazy.
I need help on where to start looking...............Help please

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
getting to them is harder than cleaning them. Now, I've only ridden fuel injected bikes for a LONG time. But have cleaned many a carb on old cars I've had. Get a good can of carb cleaner from your local auto parts store. Piece of cake.
Getting to then is a doddle

And anything special I need to set them back up, when replacing them?
Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
34 Posts
A manual would be a good idea. You should take them apart as far as you can to ensure everthing is clean and free, you will need more than one can of carb cleaner also. I would make sure the floats/needle vavle are set and operating correctly. Perfect time to install a jet kit. The 1st thing to look at is the plugs though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A manual would be a good idea. You should take them apart as far as you can to ensure everthing is clean and free, you will need more than one can of carb cleaner also. I would make sure the floats/needle vavle are set and operating correctly. Perfect time to install a jet kit. The 1st thing to look at is the plugs though.
Ill change the plugs at the asme time.
Cheers for the tips:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts