Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im saying hello to all. I live on the Gold Coast and just sold 05 K1200s, loved it and now just bought 03 954. This bike is in showroom condition, only 3000ks but that can be a problem cant it. I was so smitten I bought on the spot. 8k. Got it home and checked it over and found it had a film of rust inside tank. Just starting to pit a little, so took it off and Phossied it, then this and that and all good. After I bouhgt it I joined this forum and read what I should have looked for. Any way Ive learnt yet another lesson, its all for fun. Two weeks ago I appeared in court for 24ks over limit, I was following mate they were in brown bag coming other way and got us on radar. Yes dont be fooled they can get you even if you are following in tandem and you think naaa they can only get guy up front. Anyway represented myself, had to cross examine two cops in witness box, hearing went for 3 hours and I ended up winning. How cool is that!!! See ya.

·
Registered
478 Posts
from gas sitting for a long time,,,, i had same problem with my first bike,, it had sat for 3 years,,, best sggestion i have for you is to find a new tank,, replace filters,, you dont want that stuff clogging up your filters and injectors, ebay usually has tanks fairly cheap,, fuel pump gasket $13.95 at bike bandit.com. i wouldnt play games with it... it caused me lots of trouble.. and the following owner lots of trouble,, and the owner fter that never got it running again lol
they make stuff u can use to clean and seal gas tanks too, i am not sure how well they work

·
Super Moderator
14,706 Posts
G'day & :welcome: Jovial. Lurv the 954 mate. Glad to hear you had a win in court as well, you must know your stuff :evilaugh:.
I have some 954 bits and pieces if you're interested, give me a buzz. 0427292584 Macca.:thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys. Yeah good advice on getting new tank. I have given it a good phosphoric acid wash, then used a phosphoric based rust converter product, then rinsed it out with metho and while i wait for filter and gasket to arrive ive sprayed inside tank with WD40. A little bit of flash rusting occurred but i will rinse tank with petrol b4 I put back on the bike. Ill keep an eye on it. Bike shop reckons most metal tanks have some rust in them. Anyway thanks again. Im looking forward to riding to Phillip Island in a few weeks so I hope I get it sorted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts