Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don;t know if this will work, and it is a vid of some guys doing roll ons past a couple other cars on the highways but, I thought that the little honda held its own :D
Hope this works

You may have to right click save as :idunno:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I was out at the track watching a Solo I race and the s2000 was smoking everything. The guy had to run twice as many laps as the other guys just to get his full hot laps in. I wasn't impressed with the car until I saw it on the track. In capable hands, a capable car.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Freq and his wife did a trackday w/ theirs and they had a blast. Unfortunately, the car is too small for me to fit into so I can drive it. :thumbd:

·
Registered
149 Posts
S2000's Handle great, but for a small, "supposedly" 240HP car they are not really all that quick. Honda's V6 4-door sedan would wipe the floor with an S2000 in a drag race. (Lots more torque).

·
Registered
496 Posts
JBAXX said:
S2000's Handle great, but for a small, "supposedly" 240HP car they are not really all that quick. Honda's V6 4-door sedan would wipe the floor with an S2000 in a drag race. (Lots more torque).
Gears and mods will take care of your little V6 sedan problem. Life is all about mods.

Freq had his car on the dyno recently but I can't remember what it pulled. :huh:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The S2000 is not really set up for drag racing, but it is quick enough. I think that it would really shine on a track, I would love to get my hands on one and have at it somewere safe, and away from the police :D

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
This is what we did to my friends "S". This is not the photo oh his...but it is same car, same parts, and same color.

Comptech (paxton) S/C adding about 100hp. That included some computer work, and a high flow fuel line/reg. Also we put in the carbon box, and the strut brace. It was fast as a mofo! We had it on there for about 6 months, and then took it off and sold it. He then traded for a 05 S2000. We might be putting another on this one. It flew, and the 6 speed helps it! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Seems like the 05 has some more grunt (torque) than his older one. Plus right now it is stock. I am not sure if he is going to deck this one out or not. He also comtech exhaust on the old one...it was pretty loud, but not too loud. It sounded good on the car...not like a fart pipe that you see on most inports now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Northern RR said:
The S2000 is not really set up for drag racing, but it is quick enough. I think that it would really shine on a track, I would love to get my hands on one and have at it somewere safe, and away from the police :D
+1. Its more of a corner/track car than a dragsters. I test drove the 03 before I got the 04 and personally I think its much more driveable in the street. the newer s2000s lost a couple of hundred RPMs from redline but its a good tradeoff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts