Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
evl_twn said:
It is. I've seen a model of Saab at the dealer that was basically a rebadged Subaru, must be the same one. I actually recognized some of the interior parts, looked similar to the WRX I used to have. Look at the window sticker, it says made in Japan by Subaru.
You had a WRX in addition to your sick azz bike collection :eek:

....and you got rid of a WRX :banghead:

·
Registered
11,499 Posts
showmethebombs said:
No shit? It really is a Subi? GM does not own Subaru though...so it must have been some deal. Like they had with Isuzu before they bought them...
GM controlled Fuji Heavy Industry, parent company of Subaru, up until recently when they sold their stake to TOyota.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
evl_twn said:
WRX won't pull a horse trailer. Truck will. I might get an STi one of these years though.
Getting an STi will definately wipe out the crazy idea of getting rid of the WRX, those are definately the greatest cars in existance (not counting exotics) right now.

I on the other hand would have dumped the horse trailer and horse(s) before getting rid of the car

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I've been looking into a legacy station wagon instead of a form of Imprezza, thinking I'd rather get some cheesy car, especially since I still have my S10, and a motard then a nice car and no motard. Just curious if a legacy wagon could tow my little 4x8 utility trailer and 1 bike.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
MY WRX pulled a 5x8 with two bikes on it to NC and back with no problems at all. It's rated for 2000 lbs. I don't think the STi is towing rated at all, but a friend of mine has one and we hauled my trailer and two bikes (also to NC) and it did just fine. What I can't figure out is why the GTO is not rated for towing. You'd think a 400hp LS-2 and the chassis it's bolted to would be up to the task. According to the GTO manual, though, "it's not recommended for towing a trailer". Weird thing is the Holden Monaro (same damn car) is rated for 1600kg, or just over 3500lb. :huh:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
MrX954 said:
I've been looking into a legacy station wagon instead of a form of Imprezza, thinking I'd rather get some cheesy car, especially since I still have my S10, and a motard then a nice car and no motard. Just curious if a legacy wagon could tow my little 4x8 utility trailer and 1 bike.
The Legacy wagon is rated for 2700lb, so no problem.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
evl_twn said:
MY WRX pulled a 5x8 with two bikes on it to NC and back with no problems at all. It's rated for 2000 lbs. I don't think the STi is towing rated at all, but a friend of mine has one and we hauled my trailer and two bikes (also to NC) and it did just fine. What I can't figure out is why the GTO is not rated for towing. You'd think a 400hp LS-2 and the chassis it's bolted to would be up to the task. According to the GTO manual, though, "it's not recommended for towing a trailer". Weird thing is the Holden Monaro (same damn car) is rated for 1600kg, or just over 3500lb. :huh:
Thats all for warrenty reasons.

·
Registered
14,390 Posts
MrX954 said:
Getting an STi will definately wipe out the crazy idea of getting rid of the WRX, those are definately the greatest cars in existance (not counting exotics) right now.

I on the other hand would have dumped the horse trailer and horse(s) before getting rid of the car
The Evo's are pretty bad ass too. I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. Especially since you can get a "stealth" version of the Evo.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
luvtolean said:
The Evo's are pretty bad ass too. I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. Especially since you can get a "stealth" version of the Evo.
I agree, but IMHO I think the Evo comes in a close second.

I saw an 06 STi for the first time last night......:drool: I still would prefer the 04-05 body style tho

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I've talked to someone who owned a WRX that was all done up and now owns an Evo MR. he says the Evo shits all over the WRX.

I'd take either one though.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
If you think the Saabization of the WRX wagon is strange, how about the styling trend of Subaru toward the classic (and eccentric) Saab?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts