Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I'm racing YSR50's this weekend. Last race of the year. Sorry. I'd be all up for it though if I wasn't.

-Shrub

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Well, if you're going up the Tioga pass, you know it rains every afternoon regardless of the temps.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Myself and a couple others are actually planning on riding to Yosemite on Sunday(weather permitting). We all live in Turlock and will be leaving around 11 or 11:30. Wanna go Sunday???

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was a good ride. Only four of us, which is the perfect sized group, in my opinion. We only stopped at the 100 mile mark, Yosemite itself (several times) and then about 100 miles out of Yosemite.

We actually had a CHP just signal to us to slow down, that was it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I should have gone with you. Racing sucked. The promoter ran us in the rain without a warm up lap. My team mate and I got the hole shot in the first race and as I followed him through turn 4 he lost the rear. I made an ever so slight steering adjustment to avoid him and was sent down sliding into him too. No damage, no pain (that's YSR racing at it's best) just pissed off and hurt pride as a bunch of non-club members got the run of the track from then on. I left after that. My team mate stayed and raced a few more times in the rain.... I had had enough. The promoter is only concerned with making money. :thumbd:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Nope. No .org'rs. I was totally fine and in fact the slide in the wet was a little fun since I went down so easily and the wet allowed me to slide smoothly. I almost let out a "weee!" except that I was pissed about being out of the race and bending some YSR parts.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
dB said:
Did any other Org'ers show?

Shrub, I broke my collarbone in T4. :D
Nope, no orgers. We started with six bikes (my 954, a ZX9, a Sprint ST, a Falco, a Bandit 1200 and a F4i) and early on the ZX9 and Bandit peeled off (the Bandit's starter died).

It was probably the last good riding day to Yosemite this year. The leaves in the park were changing colors (I forgot how cool fall could look) and there wasn't too much smoke from the fires.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
No Ducati Monster on the ride?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts