Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on, cliking on your name only says
1. view public profile
2. find more posts by sam
3. add sam to your buddy list

so how can i pm you? thanks

how often you ride and when? i ride every other week matter of fact im riding this sunday if you wanna go let me know its gona be me and few other ppl were gonna do salmon falls, georgetown, icehouse and back.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Guys: I'm right up the road in Grass Valley and do all of the Sierra foothills including Mosquito Ridge Road, Downieville, La Porte and Quincy. We venture into the mountains after the snow retreats in June.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Citrus Heights and ride wherever and whenever I can. I ride to work every day....unless it happens to snow in Sac:rolleyes: .
I work at Cycle Gear on Madison and Auburn Blvd. so if you are ever in the neighborhood drop in and say Hi.

Hoppy

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Citrus Heights and ride wherever and whenever I can. I ride to work every day....unless it happens to snow in Sac:rolleyes: .
I work at Cycle Gear on Madison and Auburn Blvd. so if you are ever in the neighborhood drop in and say Hi.

Hoppy
koo, how do you like that 1800 i have vulcan 1600 aswell and love it, do you guys have riding masks there? thanks:thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
koo, how do you like that 1800 i have vulcan 1600 aswell and love it, do you guys have riding masks there? thanks:thumb:
We have a number of masks and balaclavas. We have the neoprene full masks, half masks and ones that only cover from the nose down. We have balaclavas and masks in cotton, silk and other materials. Also have neck warmers, etc. You name it and we got it...or can get it. If there is something you like and we don't stock it, we can order it and have it in two to five working days, depending on where it is located.
We are opening Cycle Gear's first "Super Store" in January and it will be located right here in Sacramento on Date and Madison (right off the I-80). This store is going to be HUGE. We will be able to carry many more brands than we do now.
About the only thing we can't get is OEM parts. You still need to see a stealer for them.
I thought real hard about getting a Vulcan. I REALLY

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes we have many many different styles of riding masks. Many different materials too. Neoprene, cotton, etc. We also have balaclavas and neck warmers as well. We have or can get just about anything you need.
I really thought about getting a Nomad before I got my VTX. I love the looks of the Nomad but the power of the VTX won out. I wish I could get the Nomad hardbags to mount up to the VTX and still look good.

Hoppy

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hey, since we've got a Sacramento thread going, I know myself and Hoppy are going to the CycleWorld Bike Show in San Mateo on Saturday. Anyone else!?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm planning on heading out very very early...want to be there when they open, I think. Demo ride time!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Z,
I am leaving my house about 6:15-6:30am to meet other NorCal VTX Riders at Mr. Perry's Coffee Shop on Mack Rd and the 99. Leaving from there at 7am.:yawn:
It will be a tad cool that early. I haven't been on a ride that early since I left the Antelope Valley. Down there leaving home before the sun came up was a weekly occurance.

Hoppy

·
Registered
833 Posts
Cool, that sounds fine to me as long as you guys don't mind having a guy on a sportbike riding with all of you. I appreciate the invite. I'm actually trying to get a group of guys riding sportbikes to roll with me right now, so I'll let you know tomorrow how things are looking, and whether or not I'll be meeting you guys in the morning there.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yeah, actually there are a number of roads down in Rancho that my boys use whenever they feel like stunting. Of course, it's normally at night....

But pretty much any of the streets south of highway 50 on Sunrise off the main road around the Recycle Road area are pretty good choices.
There's pretty much no traffic on them, and a lot of them are small dead-end streets in commercial areas, so they're usually deserted in the evenings. We'll go out there and I'll stand around talking while my buddies go down the road one at a time practicing wheelies. We can be there for hours and not see anyone else.

If you're out there practicing panic stops, I'd consider taking a buddy with you, just in case you mess up one of the panic stops. Also, I've never seen any law enforcement out there when we've been there, but if you do see them, I'm sure they'll take a lot lighter view of you telling them you're practicing quick stops than someone telling them they're out there to stunt.

Good luck with whatever it is you're really practicing out there! :-D

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK. I'm new here, and south of you folks. I live in San Martin, a little south of San Jose.

Anyone around here, or do you ever come around here at all?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts