Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the 'Replace Brake Bolts?' post, I am now wondering - do any of you recommend safety wiring certain bolts for street use only? I have never seen a track day, although I would love to sometime. But for just everyday, fairly aggressive twisties riding what would you recommend?

An ounce of prevention,and all that

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
My buddy lost an oil fill plug off his GSXR on a group ride recently and sorta wished it was wired after riding home with a lot less oil in the bike.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
To be honest,

Since I wired mine, I feel mucho safter about riding it... I have the filter, cap and plug wired... I'd like to do the caliper mount bolts and the pinch bolts too, but then I'd get really anal and just do the entire bike...

But i'd say if you got the plug and the filter wired up, that'd be about all you'd need for the street for 'peace of mind'...

My $.01

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
FWIW, my filler plug loosened up a bit this weekend....never had that happen before....

Edit:
I remember somewhere seeing a gizmo that effectively locked the filler plug, but was easier to get on and off than safety wire.
Anyone remember that...does it work?

·
Registered
441 Posts
With all the bolts I've found loose after I've checked them just weeks before, I'm thinking of doing the whole bike. But what a pain to have to do every time I want to change tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts