Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again, I have searched the forum for 2 hours to save clogging it with pointless posts. what should the front and rear sag be? the bike is 1998 hagon rear shock and standard front.

Also if anyone has any ideas for hagon set up that would be wonderful. have e mailed them but no reply, called them and they said they would call back. but didn't.

Have a good'un
cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi again, I have searched the forum for 2 hours to save clogging it with pointless posts. what should the front and rear sag be? the bike is 1998 hagon rear shock and standard front.

Also if anyone has any ideas for hagon set up that would be wonderful. have e mailed them but no reply, called them and they said they would call back. but didn't.

Have a good'un
cheers
Theory and practice two different things.

20/25mm on a sports bike 30/35mm on a touring bike are guide lines only, depends the bike, your riding style, your weight. If it was just a number every MotoGP bike would be perfect on every track.

I like a bike soft and run my GSXR with 35mm but when I run my Blade with 35mm it bottoms out and I'm not a fat lad. There are a couple of good guides on Visordown. In one, they check out setting min and max values and show how it affects the bike, well worth a read.

Pete

·
Registered
49 Posts
This info comes from another website. It's a starting point for your suspension. It's for a 170lb rider.

cbr 900rr-w

front

comp.........................................1-1/4 turns out
rebound.....................................1 turn out
preload/sag................................3 lines (12mm of adjuster showing) static sag: 31mm

rear

comp.........................................1/4 turn out
rebound.....................................1/2 turn out
preload/sag................................position 4 of 7, position 3 with a pasenger or if you weigh more than 190

1 - 5 of 5 Posts