Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the situation. I bought my 954 from a guy who got it at an insurance auction in NC. He sold it to me and gave me the NC salvage title (allstate was the owner). He had already filled out all the new owner info and had it notarized when he got the bike because he thought he was going to keep it. When I bought it from him, we did a bill of sale and said take it to the DMV (I am in VA btw) and if they give me problems, let him know. Well, first off DMV says I can't transfer a title like that so he needs to title it in his name, then sign the back of the title over to me just like normal. But this is a salvage, so they said the guy has to send it to Richmond because it's salvage, and they will send him back a new title. Does this make sense? Has anyone ever bought a salvage title bike and titled it themselves? That's basically my question. The guy is local to me and he's a good guy and he won't have any problem with this, I just want to make sure I have the process right.

Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well, first off DMV says I can't transfer a title like that so he needs to title it in his name, then sign the back of the title over to me just like normal. But this is a salvage, so they said the guy has to send it to Richmond because it's salvage, and they will send him back a new title. Does this make sense? Has anyone ever bought a salvage title bike and titled it themselves? That's basically my question. I just want to make sure I have the process right.

Thanks.
:huh: Might want to ask JMartin at DCSportbikes dot net. He's in the business.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.