Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah went twice last year, first time in feb but it had snowed night before so took them a while to defrost the strip. Had problems getting traction from the rear tyre, so times weren't great but did beat a new r1 which i was pleased with. Then went again later on in the year and got 11.1 had problems keeping the front end down i think every photo that was taken the front wheel was off the deck, but since that last run ive had a powercommander fitted and dyno'd with custom map and fitted 15 tooth front sprocket. So should be gd along as its dry.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Strap the front end down if you want to help keep it down :)

Eitherway.. Beating an R1 isnt a big feat :p
90% rider :p

·
Registered
399 Posts
Its all about the launch,you need to unleash the power progresively not dump it all off the line.I normaly do the modified madness weekend at Thorney Island/Hants which is on the south coast which is a great meet including camping on site.I am no expert being an old codger and grandfather of two but managed a [email protected] on my easy to launch '08 with a couple of tenths still to be had.I have posted this vid before of a [email protected] MPH run on my bike so appologies of you've already seen it with another longer vid under my forum user name on you tube.

·
Registered
399 Posts
You could still launch it harder it seems. that was a good run though
I completely agree and will have another go in July,i am on full throttle about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through in first gear but need to improve my 60ft and RT time for sure.I think that there is still .20 to .25 of a sec to be had in the launch but the bike is set up for corners not the straight bits.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Oh yeah totally understandable!

I cant wait to get out for a night on the strip haha, be interesting to see what I can post up for times.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't forget guys i am running a cbr929 so not gunna get cbr1000 times or speed. I am hoping for high 10s.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Pretty much any bike these days will run in the 10s.

Even at 3500ft above sea level I should be able to run high 10s on my R6.

Will take me a run or two to get used to the clutch haha. Sitting in the dealership waiting for me and all my parts.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
As for how much time the quickshifter will save on the run.

Not a heck of a lot, but it does save some time. Ever second counts right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can anyone give me hints on how to get a good drag start and when is the best time to change from first to second. Thanks

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Best time to change from 1st to second? When yeah got no more of first left! Just dont hit the rev limiter as that will cost you some time.

Good drag start? I was taught full throttle.. and let the clutch out slowly, everybody does it different.
Some people launch for 5000rpm, some from higher up.

Obviously if you let the clutch out to quick, the front will come up sky high and you dont want that.
Its fine if it comes off the ground, as you want the weight to shift back onto the rear tire anyways.
Thats why strapping the front end down can help with launching harder.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts