1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
215 Posts
These are desperate times. The world is on the verge of energy and food shortages along with the prospect of wars in several regions. The U.S. needs a president and vice pres with expert experience during this crutial time period. I believe Palin was a poor choice, due to lack of world stage experience. The western culture is in for some serious change during the next couple years.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
The world is on the verge of energy and food shortages
We are? No, it's just OPEC reducing the amount of oil they supply to raise prices.

along with the prospect of wars in several regions.
Maybe it is time for the US to let others be the police. Countries hate us but love our money. Maybe it is time that they:
A) Take out money and keep their mouth shut.
B) Talk all they want but don't get a dime.

There are their two options.

The U.S. needs a president and vice pres with expert experience during this crutial time period. I believe Palin was a poor choice, due to lack of world stage experience. The western culture is in for some serious change during the next couple years.
What experienece? Maybe a degree from Harvard in presidential matters? Palin has executive experience and McCain has many years of political experience.

·
Registered
564 Posts
desperate move from a desperate campaign...:thumbd: would he have picked a woman if hilary did not have the support that she had. He did not pick her because of all of her experience in foreign affairs, National politics, or anything. What did she do before being gov of alaska? She was a city council member of some little town....Im not against her by any means but I am against McSame and his motives:patriot:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been watching both these threads, and alot of good points are being brought to surface.

Palin has to be a valuable option. If McCain takes ill, she very well could be the first female VP, and President. I hope she has the ability to stand up for whats right and not whats good for her political future.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
I've been watching both these threads, and alot of good points are being brought to surface.

Palin has to be a valuable option. If McCain takes ill, she very well could be the first female VP, and President. I hope she has the ability to stand up for whats right and not whats good for her political future.
Then what good is Obama if he has no experience at all? To me, he is like a used car salesman; slick and fast talking but always needs to go to the boss (Biden) to seek approval.

Palin:
Gov. Palin Urges Sen. Cowdery To Resign | Alaska Superstation -- Alaska News, Weather and Sports -- Anchorage, Fairbanks and Juneau

·
Registered
457 Posts
Then what good is Obama if he has no experience at all? To me, he is like a used car salesman; slick and fast talking but always needs to go to the boss (Biden) to seek approval.

Yet another good point. We are on the verge of promoting someone the most powerful position in the world, with no experience.

But, that also means that if they have no experience, they may not be corrupted by Washington's current state.

Not FOR anyone here. Just making debatable points.

·
Registered
228 Posts
These are desperate times. The world is on the verge of energy and food shortages along with the prospect of wars in several regions. The U.S. needs a president and vice pres with expert experience during this crutial time period. I believe Palin was a poor choice, due to lack of world stage experience. The western culture is in for some serious change during the next couple years.
I think we should mind our own business for a while and keep our hands to our selfs. Then when Russia starts kicking down doors many countries will then want to be our friends again and like us.:hmm: Just kidding.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
But, that also means that if they have no experience, they may not be corrupted by Washington's current state.
But he is stating "Change" but when asked about his voting record and voting "present" instead of "for" or "against" he said that this is what the others were doing to make a point. For someone to state they want change, then why is he doing the same as the others? Looks to me that he is on the same ship as all the others; SS Corruption.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Back to the issue of Palin.

Not that this is wrong... But... Her daughter is underage, unwed, and pregnant. It was just posted on Fox News as confirmed. How is that going to affect her campaign? She is expected to be popular with voters in the south and christians just like McCain. Both of which usually oppose teenage pregnancy.

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Clinton; Smoked weed (but never inhaled), whitewater scandal and you had the “hookers” as well and this was before he was president. He even got reelected. His wife got a senator seat and she was involved in many of the scandals he was. I don't think it will matter.

Ever think that Palin is more in touch with reality and doesn't live a sheltered life like most politicians? That is why she is better than Biden.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
At 72 some might suggest that a vote for McCain is a vote for Palin.... When you look at recent US political history and the two options in the running for the top job you could be forgiven for asking yourself if the system is broken.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I love Palin. If McCain really wants to play the "Obama is too inexperienced" card, which is really all he's got, he's got to look to his own house. The unwed teenager isn't going to go over very well with the fundies. McCain couldn't have made a better choice as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Even though her daughter is unwed and pregnant, that may ruffle some conservative feathers but I think it's how it's being handled that will prove to be good in the end.

First, she didn't get an abortion and chose to keep the child.

Second, she apparently is going to marry the father to create a home for the new baby.

Third, her family has supported her with their love and not given her the boot.

These are all very conservative values that will be applauded.

The other side will say things like she must not have been a good parent to allow this to happen. If she can't run her own family, how can she run a country?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Palin was an excellent choice for McCain. The shot in the arm the campaign needed. The other side will always try to put their spin on it, but she is a pit bull in a dress that appears she will take no BS from anyone. She does lack experience in foreign affairs, but with a good cabinet around her (as with other presidents), she would not have a problem if she would someday be required to run the country. I also believe she will pull the feminine vote in the Republican direction (male and female if they see the pic from Grover above). The Palin choice was unsuspected by all, but looks to be a very good decision. Polls are now showing a dead heat and it appears the steam is coming out of the "cult" following that appeared to be backing the Democratic side. And, who could have more experience to run the country than McCain. When they say "four more years of the same", that may not be such a bad thing when considering what four years of "tax and spend" could mean to our wallets. I, for one, would like to keep as much of my money as possible.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts