Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put the left hand side on with no problems. Does anybody have some step by step instructions for putting on the right hand side (brake side)? I am having trouble figuring out how to properly install the brake with the new bolt and how to get that new piece that the bolt goes through to slide through the brake lever. If anyone has any suggestions and or pics I would totally appreciate it. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hmm, having difficulty with Sato rear set (right side) for my CBR1000RR8. Anyone have a good description detailing where all these zany parts go?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ooops, sorry. I had these pictures already.

I figured out the instructions. On the Gear selector side (left) you DO NOT use the original pivot position, instead remove the Lower Engine Hanger nut, and attach pivot assembly on to bolt.

A clear diagram can be found in service manual 8-2.

The brake side (right) discards most of the parts, in particular rear brake fluid reserve tank is repositioned with only one securing bolt, instead of the stock 2.

My biggest problem with the installation was my assumption that the SATO rear set mimics the original, where it is a complete redesign. I am impressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts