Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've seen a few good injuries in my short few months riding in the ambulance but yesterday was the coolest thing I've ever seen (in person).

A 30 year old guy had climbed out on the roof of his 2-story house thru a skylite window because the screen had come loose and slid onto the roof. As you can guess, he lost his balance and fell about 20 feet. He landed on his right ankle and dislocated it. The good part was the foot was completely backwards, I almost started laughing when I first saw it. The guy was lying on the ground smoking a cigarette when we got there. We could tell he'd had some beer so we asked how much. He said somewhere around 25 beers in the past few hours. Holy crap, no wonder he wasn't feeling any pain. So we get him to the hospital and the trauma team grabs his foot and twists the sucker, I swear the guy levitated off that table he jumped so high. They had it all fixed and in a cast in about 5 minutes. He'll have to go back later because it stretched the hell out of the ligaments so they may have to shorten them.

Damn, I'm going to buy a camera just to bring to these calls, it would have been a great pic!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts