Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had a red/black one on display at Barber. I like it better in person than in the pictures. The line of the lower doesn't seem as out of place. It was on a pedestal, so no chance to check the ergos.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Az929rr called me from Barber and said the same thing, looks much better in person. The Honda rep. said that we 'wouldn't be disappointed' in regards to the power it will produce.

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice : I was at Barbers this weekend and did not see it--where was it?
Honda tent across the path from the vendor area (closer to the track). It was there with Rossi's RC211V.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I saw the tigerblade in person at Barber, and I like it better in pictures.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Could one of you guys explain this transmission? The cassette? Does this mean that you can change the gearing on the bike without having to change the sprockets?

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
booth23 : Could one of you guys explain this transmission?  The cassette?  Does this mean that you can change the gearing on the bike without having to change the sprockets?
like the internal ratios for each gear can be changed, on a gear for gear basis... So if 3rd is too high for this particular corner on the track and its the only 3rd gear corner, they can lower just that gear until that corner drive/rpm is perfect for them. Like varying the sprockets, but it doesn't affect every gear, just the ones they want...

As far as physically being, I believe you can swap the gears quickly, without having to split the block/remove the engine or remove the entire tranny... Something like that.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
That is very cool. If the bike is geared to high, then it can be changed without altering sprockets, that is pretty nice. It might eliminate the need for sprocket change and the Ahlman's box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts