Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are all ya doin' in the Cal forum? A little slow, it looks.

Anyway, SPEED, you ever get my pm on here, or on your board?

I'm looking for some input and assistance putting up a local (Bakersfield, surrounding areas) "Rider" internet forum board, hosting some events, and bringing some of the "scene" here, getting some industry support, and becoming involved in community charities.

Anyone have any experience in this (besides SPEED, who's probably busy with his own.) I'm at the baby-steps portion of this, and any input is good.

Thanks,

-DJ

S

·
0 Posts
Scout said:
How are all ya doin' in the Cal forum? A little slow, it looks.

Anyway, SPEED, you ever get my pm on here, or on your board?

I'm looking for some input and assistance putting up a local (Bakersfield, surrounding areas) "Rider" internet forum board, hosting some events, and bringing some of the "scene" here, getting some industry support, and becoming involved in community charities.

Anyone have any experience in this (besides SPEED, who's probably busy with his own.) I'm at the baby-steps portion of this, and any input is good.

Thanks,

-DJ

Sorry I didn't get back to you before now. All you need to do is find a hosting company, figure out what forum software you want to use, come up with a name for your site, and figure out what plan you want to go with through them.....there are some real bad hosting companies, so do some research before signing with one. It's easy to see if the name you want has already been taken, you can check all the hosting compainies for available names using their Domain Name search. As far as advertising, you can pay somone to put it out all over the net, or add meta crawlers yourself.

What is the "Scene" that you are speaking of?

Edit: I just re-read your PM to me here, you have explained your intentions at length. There are already quite a few boards specific to Californina that have been up and running for quite some time. SBN has a So Cal forum that you could use, and maybe even get Fred to give you a Sub Forum off of that for the Bakersfield area. I'd have to speak with you more, to see if we could work out something where you would have a special place on my board.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions over at http://sportbikeswest.com .

SPEED.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SPEED-
Thanks for the reply. I'm probably going dedicated server, since I've gotten some feedback since the last post, but thanks for the ideas and the offer - Your site is definately cool, and it seems you got a lot of good people behind you...

Hope to catch ya at some of the larger so-cal events..

-DJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts