Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a puzzle. I have read dozens of histories of the Fireblade and dozens of posts concerning model history. My CBR900RR has both engine numbers and frame numbers starting with SC28.............. However the Engine block has 919cm cast on the side. I thought that the 919 engine did not start until the SC33 came out on 96-97, but my engine is definitely a SC28, but with 919cc, it also has the speed sensor on the front sprocket cover (not on the top of the gearbox, like the SC33 does), which further proves it is a SC28 (1995). Can anyone shed any light on this anomoly, please??

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
Post some pics of the 919cm3 casting and the engine number block. My guess is the SC28 on the engine number was "added" or altered from SC33. The speed sensor didn't make it to the top of the tranny until 1998 or "RRW". Anyhow, That's my guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a cbr i bought from a guy and years arent matching up can anyone decipher these codes if I send in pictures

·
8,055 Posts
Mystery solved, that is an SC48 engine, which is a 919 or CB900F. Weird though, does it have fuel injection or carbs on it?

·
8,055 Posts
Wow, gimme more pictures please. Carbs, left side of the cylinder head, clutch cover, and entire right side of the cylinders and head. This is an SC48:

·
8,055 Posts
Yeah that sucks, that motor is a defined 900RR engine with mild cams and smaller intake ports. So that being said, what carbs are on there??? Probably 600F carbs??

·
Registered
17 Posts
It wont stay running thats what im trying to figure out the guy i bought it from said all it was is probably a fuel issue so i lifted the tank and seen some wires not plugged into nothing and i Trying to figure out did the bike once have a fuel pump on it or was it always steup up without one

·
8,055 Posts
The original SC28’s had a fuel pump, but it was a low pressure “helper” pump. Like I already said, that engine originally came with fuel injection, a cam sensor, throttle position sensor, most likely a very different ECU, different timing, and fuel pressure. So, without knowing or seeing what the carbs look like it’s going to be very difficult for you to get any type of baseline. Can you post pics of the carb? Are you good with ripping carbs apart? I need to see jetting/jet sizes, carb numbers, and what they look like.

You have quite the dilemma here......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts