Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been in the market for an purple and white SC28 In Aus for some time. I may have found one and just want to confirm it is legit. Can anyone tell me if the VIN indicates what colour the bike may have been originally? It will need alot of work but that is what I'm keen on.
In addition can anyone show me a picture of an SC28 VIN. Especially if it has a 9 in it. Because the 9 on the one i'm looking at looks alittle funny.

Thanks heaps.

Glenno

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
The VIN does not indicate the color in it. I would be curious to see your VIN, to see if there is a specific market number different than our US number and UK numbers if you don't mind. This is the number on my 99:

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
From 1981 ALL vehicles required a 17 digit VIN.

It is easily deciphered from Part 3 of this:

Hope you're onto a good one, Glenno!!:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sad to say I missed it by hours.
I will keep looking. It needed a fair bit of work to get it back to mint original but the price was realistic. I find over here because our market is so small bikes are hard to come by and everyone thinks their bike is "very rare" and "collectible" despite being in shite condition. Therefore they expect 3/4 of restored price for a bucket of shit :oops:
It was perfect to restore with my daughter in a few years. The plan is when she is ten we do a full resto bolt by bolt.

The search continues.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,616 Posts
Sad to say I missed it by hours.
I will keep looking. It needed a fair bit of work to get it back to mint original but the price was realistic. I find over here because our market is so small bikes are hard to come by and everyone thinks their bike is "very rare" and "collectible" despite being in shite condition. Therefore they expect 3/4 of restored price for a bucket of shit :oops:
It was perfect to restore with my daughter in a few years. The plan is when she is ten we do a full resto bolt by bolt.

The search continues.
Probably a tough find in the land of Oz, a guy by the name of Boxer has a fancy for the old girls as do I. He seems to snatch them up regularly when he can, good, bad or ugly lol
Keep hunting, you’ll catch one 👍🏻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts