Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Still having all the same issues. Just replaced all the ignition coils, checked plugs etc. Wtf with this. Im starting to wonder if theres a flaw inside the tach etc. Ive seriously considered just dumping her back on the market.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Completely gutted and gone. Evidently i have one of the very few LeoVince full exhaust systems for the 954. Air injection valve also deleted and block off plates installed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
The PC is verified working by an independent mechanic. Honestly, i have my doubts. Hes a pro and did a custom map on it, re-grounded the entire wiring harness and basically spent days with it to no avail.

After the recent ignition coil rep i disconnected the PC entirely. I havent rode it yet but will soon.

Im beginning to lean towards a TPS Issue even though i checked it according to the manual and all values were normal. Vacuum hoses are routed correctly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Yes. All of that was done by previous owner. Its an empty airbox. Just the filter. Replaced all throttle body and airbox seals as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
It has the BMC air filter inside. I have read about the stock. Ill order one and try as another option. What would the BMC be messing up though?

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Its used by a lot of Race teams, and that stands for itself, but like K&N it has a lot of followers, but on a stock bike (albeit dynojetted) maybe its worth a try to give the stock filter a go, but maybe I'm talking a load of B*****ks :unsure:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Actually Ive come across a thread on another site where that actually "fixed" the problem but i suspect the issue was actually a kinked fuel line and when the tank was lifted again the fuel line became unkinked. Ill buy a used one on ebay and try it. The science doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me though unless its literally too much air.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Found this post on our site from some years ago

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yeah i have no doubt theres little difference. However i will add as a caveat that the bike came with the stock filter and still stuttered around 3k. I cannot confirm the 8krpm issue as i rarely took it up that high mostly concentrating on the low end stutter. The BMC was a deal, actually cheaper than a new stock one at the time and the stock one was actually not dirty but kind of falling apart. Overall not a fan of drop in filters.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
After the test ride yesterday with the power commander disconnected she runs pretty much the same but seemed to struggle once fully warmed up. Initially on the ride i got no low end stutters and the throttle felt crisper than with the pc connected. Still breaking up after 8k though. Then after about 20 minutes i was struggling to keep her running and at one point she stalled.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
As you know matey the PC hijacks the signal from the ECU to the Engine, can only think the original signal from the ECU is wrong (injectors) can you borrow an ECU to test it out without the PC connected, also I think you said the Pair mod was carried out , could you check if the outlet air below the airbox to what would have been the Pair has been blocked off

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I know for a fact the PAIR Outlet is blocked off. The pair was deleted by me. I have tried a different ecu already.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Coming to the end of my limited knowledge, but will keep looking, cant understand why the engine would stall out , was it too lean or too rich , what does the spark plugs look like, will look for some info like this situation, you wont get rid of me that easy :ROFLMAO:

61 - 80 of 115 Posts