Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Hahaha I will get deeper myself. The bike is not the usual 954rr. Its been bought, tracked, and then re-streeted. Even has rare fairings which i cant remember the name of. I will post picks of the technical bits later. Last thread i read on a kawi site said kick stand sensor. I know mine is already bypassed but will check its sturdiness.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
First 2 starting from power supply and rectifier. Rectifier is the newest and largest from shindengen the oem supplier. Stator is also new. I have a charging indicator light that reads the charging efforts and its a solid 100%. Stator is also a new Caltric unit. 2 pics are from the left and right hand sides. Battery is also new. I will post more.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
When you checked the MAP sensor did you do it Electrically, I know you changed it but what were the readings, should be 1v at idle upto 5v at 8000rpm

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Hmm i only remember checking the map for the correct resistance readings. What is the process for doing this? I have a hanes manual but recall nothing of the sort in there

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
:D :D Sorry matey had a Grey moment there , giving you the instructions for the wrong item, if you have the Haynes manual go to page 4.12 for the MAP check(y)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Vac tested Map. 25cmhg on the vac meter. First time i ever did that. Equals 250mmhg if im correct. In spec according to the manual.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Morning, the plugs are looking reasonable, doesn't explain why the bike would stall though, its a mystery , electrics can have some strange happenings to the bike the thing is what and where, could it be the right map in the Power Commander?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Mornin. Its 1am here!

Remember that the PC was disconnected on my last outing when it stalled. The bike certainly has enough done to it to warrant a custom tune and it has one.

I took a look at the kickstand situation and the two wires that would actually connect to the kickstand are fused together and electrical taped. That's the harness with the green connector.

I cleaned and inspected the connection.

Ive checked all vacuum lines, cleaned all the nooks and crannies in the throttle bodies, checked for air travel through the vacuum lines, checked the system overall for good ground, tightened all the exhaust system bolts(new gaskets last summer), cleaned all electrical connectors, and tested the MAP for the correct pressure and voltage.

I put her back together enough to take her for a ride in the morn so ill report back after that. In the mean time anyone is free to chime in with any extra input. Ill relist the covered items:

New plugs
New ignition coils
New upgraded shindingen reg/rec
New Stator
New Pulse Generator
BMC Air filter
PCIII usb with custom tune
Pair Delete
HTEV/HVIX Deleted
MAP sensor checked for voltage and pressure
New Fuel Pump
New Fuel Pressure Regulator
New airbox gaskets top and bottom
New exhaust gaskets
Injectors checked for flow
Fuel lines redone
All sensors checked for proper resistance

LeoVince full SBK exhaust system
Manual cooling fan
Hid projector headlights
LED tailight
Resistance capacitors installed
Flasher tail kit installed
HRC rear brake reservoir
Rizoma front brake reservoir
Braking front wave rotors

Thats all i got for now, im sure theres more

·
Registered
833 Posts
Did all 4 spark plugs have that much oil on them? In the roughly 10yrs I had my 954 and several plug changes mine never had any oil on them. Plugs were black from being too rich until custom tune then perfect every time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I only pulled one. There is not oil smoke at all coming from the exhaust. Thats a generally decent looking spark plug from my experience. Also misleading is i pulled the plug after a quick vac test. (Like 10 sec) on the MAP which would lead to more fuel in such a short time frame. What are your thoughts on excess oil? VC not tight enough?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
So test ride after all of the above shows much less hesitation at 3kish and pulls hard all the way to 9k and then falls flat on its face. Im pulling the pc map and will post it here.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Mornin, yes matey the PC isn't adding anything to the Base Map AFR, so at 9K its running from the ECU, could there be a ECU or TPS fault, has the TPS been synchronised with the PC3.Can you get hold of a "Engine Management Systems" by Tracy Martin, really explains the system well I have it myself ,great manual,

81 - 100 of 115 Posts