Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm looking for CBR1000RR owners who have installed a scorpio alarm on their bike. I am wondering where you installed the unit - everything is so tight on that bike! Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
i will have to go and look at the page, at the time it was the top dog (less than a year ago)

sri500

·
Banned
543 Posts
I just installed one on my 929. It worked very well the first couple of days, but now the icon on the remote that shows if you have reception is mostly not there. The result is that the remote works somewhat intermittently. The instructions say that the antenna should not be mounted parallel to metal, well where would one find such a place on these bikes? I taped mine to the inside of the tail under the rear seat as far from the frame as possible. I will be keeping a close eye on this on Thursday when I'm in school and good reception is important. If you guys have an idea for an alternate antenna location I may give it a try.

·
Registered
685 Posts
in the trunk
What trunk ? You wanna see a trunk,take a look at the 9's spacious walk in closet area .They F'd up the new bikes by making no practically no storage at all,in my opinion.I think an 07 CBR1000 would look bad ass with a high mount side exaust,and some what of a trunk space. :woohoo:

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
What do you think of the system so far? Worth the cash?

yeah so far. i had some co workers try to play a prank on me, i was in a meeting a good way away and it alerted me. mine gets good reception. i yse it for a garage alarm also. park it in the center of my detached garage set the perimeter sensor and leave. i was woke up one morninh by the pager going off at 3am. apparently a cat got in there and jumpped on it :rockets: damn cat

·
Banned
543 Posts
I leave the perimeter sensor on in the garage as well. So far it has not gone off at night yet. The bike is between the car and the door, so if the door gets opened the alarm goes off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts