Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone (I guess UK mostly) have any opinions on Scorpion Vs Quill end cans ?

Quill seem to claim good weight / performance results and the can is hand made and apparently transferrable to different bikes via a link pipe.

Scorpion scored highly in the RIDE magazine's test of end cans offering the best performance and fuelling (GSXR600), though Quill was not in their round-up so I have no direct comparison.

All I'm trying to acheive is a better noise from the stock exhaust (900RR/R), which is underwhelming. I'm looking at an oval carbon can from either supplier, the price difference is £50 with the Scorpion being cheaper.

Any relevent opinions welcome.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the Quill ca, but I know that Scorpion warranties the packing of their can for life, as it is made from steel wool. I got that from the local Honda dealer who sells them. Their fit and finish looks pretty good and they sound kinda deep, but not real loud. As far as performance, which should be the deciding factor, I hear they are middle of the pack. One of the local guys has one on his 900RR and said he gets a few extra HP, but isn't using a PCIIIr, which would boost perf a bit. He liked Scorpion's overall package of sound, performance, and cost.

If you're looking at Scorpion, why don't you look at Micron? I had a full race system on an FZR600 back in the day and loved it. I may go with Micron on my 51, but I want a high out and be able to keep the passenger pegs. Micron currently doesn't offer such. Anyway, this ain't about me or Micron, you asked about Scorpion and Quill.

Guess I wasn't much help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts